⇨ BREACH

It has been months since my intimate encounter with Bucky, my rattled mind still played the vulnerable moment on repeat; there was no denying the cunning soldier was clearly consuming my thoughts

This posed a problem in my daily life, every time I caught a glimpse his shining blue eyes my heart skipped a beat. Although nauseatingly cliche, it grew increasingly harder to stomach the butterflies; however, I continued to mask the silly emotions preying on my growing friendship with Bucky. This was something I couldn't afford to lose, not after everything, I needed to keep this. Over the course of long nights spent devouring large amounts of Chinese food, recklessly dancing, and forcing the team to engage in countless movie marathons; Bucky and I had grown quite close to one another. One might even say fond.

• • •

With the rest of the team fast asleep, I lied in bed, yet again, letting the eery silence devoured my empty bedroom, engaging in the probably one hundredth attempt of trying to rid the painfully familiar sensation bubbling inside my chest, which only made the situation at hand worse. As a result of trying to forget the incident, vivid pictures of Bucky's scruffy face pricked my memories. This was definitely gonna be one of those nights.

Untangling myself from the warm sheets I stood to my feet scrunching my toes in the knitted carpet beneath, eagerly craving something to occupy my restless mind. Taking a deep breath made me realize how my lungs desperately craved the mountain air; which resulted in me shuffling across the carpeted floor and sliding the linen curtains across the squeaking rod. My hand clasped the cold metal latch securing the window shut, pricking my alerted nerves as I opened the panel of glass. Taking a deep breath my eyes slowly closed as the aroma of wood, fresh dewy grass, and sweet flowers flooded my nostrils and the brisk breeze sent involuntary shivers throughout my body. This moment alone was almost enough. Almost. This act alone didn't quite scratch the lingering itch.

Shortly after, I slipped on a deep green thickly knitted sweater over my flannel pj pants and white cami, ready to quench this unmistakable thirst for something. I just couldn't quite figure out what that something was. Quietly cracking open the door I stealthy shuffled down stairs in my socks and sandals, trying my best not to disrupt the rest of the team. To my disadvantage, the main door abruptly squeaked as I began to open it, causing my heart to nearly fly from my chest; nevertheless, I continued my pointless voyage. However, I was far too focused on keeping deathly silent my eyes didn't have time to wander over the sofa where Bucky sat alerted, and of course he wanted to stop me, but he thought it'd best to leave me be. As much as he wanted to deny it, he found himself worried for my safety as always.

I aimlessly trekked through the lonesome, dark woods trying to clear my flustered mind and make sense of a few things as my thoughts were uncontrollably firing through my searing head; completely suppressing the tranquil views and peaceful sounds underneath my overstimulated brain activity.