FORTY

FORTY

The past few days have been a blur. Let's start off with the basics. Gerard had killed Matt, by drowning him in a lake. The Argents had saved me. Mum knows that Scott's a werewolf... she's been totally MIA for the past few days now, it's been worrying me.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Not like this, at least. The sheriff was officially the Sheriff of the town again. Stiles was over the moon, like his dad.

I haven't talked to mum, Scott, Stiles, or Allison since that night. I've been total MIA. Just been sitting in my room, I come home from school and sit in my room. I feel like mum hates me and Scott right now.

Allison's been MIA as well.

We're all MIA.

Tomorrow was the Champion Ship game for lacrosse. I should probably go to support my boyfriend and my brother. But I just... I didn't want to.

Isaac, Boyd, Erica, they've been MIA as well. I haven't seen anyone since that night. t hit me really hard. I hate that it ended up like that.

I haven't been sleeping, either, if you're wondering. I haven't been sleeping, eating, or talking. I've been jumping constantly by like a bird or something. I always have this overwhelming crushing fear that something terrible is happening.

It feels like a panic attack, almost. Like, I can't even breath. And I don't know how to overcome that feeling.

I don't know what's happening to the people I care about. It bugs me. I need to see Stiles, but I feel like can't.

I heard a ding dong at my door, my head snaps up to the door. I hop off my bed. I walk towards my bedroom door, then down the hallways.

I walk down the stairs carefully, who could it be? I don't have super hearing. I can't tell who it is. My hand reaches out for the door, and I slowly pushed it open.

It was Stiles.

Some weight lifted off my back when I see him standing there, fiddling with his thumbs, looking at the ground. Stiles never rings the doorbell, he has a key. Somethings wrong.

Stiles then looked up at me, connecting eyes with me. Somehow I knew he had some weight lifting off his shoulders, too.

I did what he didn't expect, I wrapped my arms around his body, and he quickly did the same. He kissed my head, and that little thing made some tears spill down my cheeks. Everything's wrong, but this feels right.

It was cold. Nothing new there. It was cold and dark, everyone was here to see the game. Stiles said I didn't have to come, making me want to come. I've been a bad girlfriend for the past few days. I need to support him.

I breathe on my hands, trying to make them warmer than what they are. I sit on the benches, I couldn't recognize anyone. It was just me. For the first time, in a while, it was just... me. Wow. Not even mum's here. Not even Sheriff's here. Well, not that I see.

My eyes look around on the field as our team had come up from the boy's locker room, mum was in amongst the crowd, too. My eyes scan the field, I see Scott and Stiles sitting on the bench.

I felt hurt when my mum walked right past me and sat a few seats behind me to where Stiles' dad was sitting. So, now, my mum officially hates me. Ouch. I pressed my lips together, I have a bad feeling about tonight.

I turn to look at my mum, she's talking to the Sheriff. She's not acting as if I exist... like... I'm not her daughter. Which stung. Like a bee sting expect much worse. My eyes then wonder to the field, and I saw my little Stiles running onto the field.

My eyes widen, and my smile grew. I jumped up and cheered for Stiles, though the game hasn't started. Coach looked up at me. "Sit down, McCall!" Coach called to me. "The game hasn't even started, what the are you cheering for?"

I cleared my throat and noticed a few people staring at me. I noticed my mum didn't even care. "I was just warming up... Coach." I lied. At least one thing will come positive tonight, me watching Stiles' first game.

I then jump down from the benches and slide next to Scott. Scott raised an eyebrow. "Hey," Scott said. Why is our co-captain on the bench? Did he get benched? "I got benched because of my grades, something really bad is going to happen because Jackson is playing tonight."

"I have a question," I said turning to Scott. "Why is Stiles playing?"

"Because Greenburgs sucks and Stiles sucks... slightly less." Scott quickly answered. "Anyways. You and mum talked yet?"

I shake my head slowly. "No. Stiles and you are the first people I've contacted since that night." I breathe out, Scott grabbed my hand and squeezed it. It felt weird having another person's hand in mine other than Stiles.

"My son is on the field!" I heard Sheriff yell, we both looked up and saw Sheriff standing. He then sat back down and I chuckled, I then turn to the filed, Stiles was guarding Danny's goal with Danny in the goal.

I'm proud of Stiles, I really am.

The whistle then blows, and the game begins.

The game had begun. The ball had been thrown to Stiles, his mouth widen in shock. I jump up, cheering for Stiles. He caught the ball. My boyfriend caught the ball!

He was then knocked down, and everyone sighed. My mouth dropped and I took a step forward to see if he was okay, but Scott held me back, sitting me back down. Stiles then got up, someone holding back a guy from Stiles getting the ball.

He was then bashed to the ground. Scott bows his head. "Scott, I need to make sure he's okay," I plead, as he hadn't let me go.

"He's okay, Stacey," Scott muttered.

"That didn't sound convincing!"

The ball then flies through the air, and Stiles held up his stick, and it flew right by him. Everyone was booing Stiles. I wanted to turn around, and slash them. Thow I don't have fangs or claws. Coach then blows the whistle, Scott and I stand up, but Coach sat us back down.

"Sit down, McCalls." Coach said.

"But Coach, we're dying out there." Scott said.

"I need to make sure he's okay," I plead Coach.

"Oh, I'm aware of that, now sit." Coach said. I can't believe he's letting me sit next to Scott, by now, he would've told me to go sit on the benches like the rest of the crowd.

Isaac then sat down next to us, surprising us both. "You came to help?" Scott asked Isaac. What?

"I came to win." Isaac said. Okay, maybe Isaac that bad after all. He smiled at me and Scott. We all looked over and saw Gerard there, oh, yeah, did I mention that Gerard now controls Jackson?

He controls Jackson now.