Part 3

A while later it was decided that the weekend after the next, the Kundras would come with the Pundit to decide on the engagement and wedding dates for both the couples. Madhu watched as the Kundras said bye to them. Madhu touched RK's chacha and chachi's feet for aashirwad just like how RK took ashirwaad from her Papa, Mama and Dadi. RK's family gave her just customary glance while they said their byes except for the man who was sitting with RK, whom RK had mentioned Bittuji while they talked earlier. He came to her and warmly told her how happy he was for their marriage and how he is waiting for it now. "Madhu, I don't think you were properly introduced to him, he is Bittuji. He is like a big brother to me. He has been with my family for years. He used to work for my father, now he is with me. He is my guide, my best friend, my family... he is everything to me." RK tells her as he put his hand over Bittuji's shoulder and pulled him closer to him. "Chief you are embarrassing me." Bittuji says a little embarrassed and very emotional. "It is the truth, Bittuji." RK says with a smile. "But still..." Bittuji stops what he was about to say when he felt a hand on his feet. He looks down in shock to find Madhu touching his feet for ashirwaad. "What are you doing?" Bittuji says scandalized as he quickly helps her stand up. "You don't touch your servant's feet." "You are his brother." Madhu says as she again starts to bend down to take ashirwaad. "Jeete raho. Hamesha kush raho." Bittuji says flustered stopping her mid-way. "Let's go." Mukund says making exasperated faces at Madhu and Bittuji. "Chief, I will be in the car." Bittuji tells RK and then bidding Madhu bye he quickly leaves. "That meant a lot to me. Thank you so much, Madhu." RK tells her as he smiled at her with a hint of tear in his eyes. "He is your family." Madhu simply replies. "Yes, he is." RK confirms. He was shocked when Madhu took blessings from Bittuji. RK had never realized till now, how much he wanted Bittuji to be treated like his family. And here Madhu, without even asking gave Bittuji the respect that he deserved, what RK had always hoped for. "Come, RK. We are getting late." Chachu tells him. "Bye, Madhu."RK tells her as he left. Madhu watches from the window as RK got in his car with Bittuji and drove away, realizing a part of her went with him.

Madhu quickly washes the cups and plates, and cleans up everything and goes to Balraj. "Papa, can I go to the temple?" Madhu asks him in a meek tone. "Why?" Balraj asks irritated. "I will come back fast. I finished all the work here." She tells him instead of answering his question. "Haayi haayi... you want to thank God for your RK right?" Dadi teases her with a smile. Madhu blushes hearing your RK. Balraj looks up at her then says in a dismissive tone "Okay go. But come fast. And thank God, from my side too for getting you off my head." Madhu's eyes filled with tears hearing that, then ignoring the pain, she quickly leaves from there lest he changes his mind.

Bittuji looks at RK who seemed lost in his world. RK hasn't said much when they had stopped on their way for Bittuji to have breakfast or when they got back in the car. "For the first time, that Mukund did something good for you." Bittuji says happily as he drove the car. RK breaks out of his thoughts when he hears that. "She is nice, right?" RK asks Bittuji. "She is. Unlike her sister, wonder how both of them have turned out to be two extremes." Bittuji tells him. RK doesn't reply to that even though he knew why Madhu's upbringing was different from Dipali's. He hated hiding things from Bittuji but he had given his word to Madhu. RK notices a temple nearby. "Bittuji, please stop at the temple." RK tells him. Bittuji does as he was asked. RK was about to get out of the car when he stops and asks "I know there is no use in asking you, but still... won't you come?" "No." "Maybe you can come and say thank you to God, for my marriage." RK cheekily tells him. "You go say your thank you. I am not coming." Bittuji says. RK sighs and gets out while Bittuji leaves to park the car nearby.

RK walks into the mandir and folding his hands he starts praying in his mind. "I always come to you asking you to give me a family, someone who love me so that I can also feel wanted. Someone, I know will help me up when I fall. Someone, who is with me because they want to be with me and not for the property. Someone, who I can say is mine. Today, I think I found that someone. So, I am here to thank you for that. Thank you for Madhu. Now all I want is your blessing in keeping Madhu happy. In such a short life you know how much she has gone through. She is a nice girl and she deserves more. I pray to you that you fill her life with happiness, please never make her regret agreeing to marry me. Bless us so that we can be happy together." RK was about to finish his prayer when as an afterthought he continues "Sorry for asking you this, I know, you know what is best for me and you will give me what is best for me. But the base of our relation is Mukund-Dipali's wedding, and it is worrying me a little... so just this once... please give me one sign that Madhu and I made the right decision. Pease give me just one sign."