Chapter 10

Niall's pov

"15 hours, no wait probably 16 hours! Even I can't sleep that long he must be seriously shattered" I heard zayn whisper to someone but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes

"I know but let the leprechaun sleep and when he wakes I'm telling him the news!" Louis attempted to whisper however was a lot louder than Zayn, I wondered what the news was. I let my eyes flutter open, zayn was in the mirror grooming himself, as usual, and louis was sitting on the edge of the bed scribbling furiously on a piece of paper with some crayons, I presume he brought with him. I shook my head at the pretentious older boy and lifted myself up onto my elbows, "what are you two girls on about?" I asked my voice still hazy from my apparently long 'nap.' 

"Aw not much just the cling film on your toilet seat and several other tricks we may or may not have set" louis said lifting his head away from his 'masterpiece' for a second to grin at me. 

"You didn't?" I questioned becoming instantly concerned

"Oh contrer ma mère...wait! esquzie mon francais! C'est non purrfect!" Louis said in the most superficial french accent he could conjure. Again I shook my head. "You really are something else lou" I said barley audible as I stretched my cramped limbs and ruffled my messy bed hair.

"Why thank you nialler, I do try." Louis retorted in a posh voice. I swung my legs off the bed and heaved myself up still trying to loosen the knots in my neck.

"Any news on Cora?" I asked hopefully, Zayn and Louis turned to look at each other and smiles arose on both of there's faces.

"Well actually - " Zayn began but was soon cut off by louis,

"SHE MIGHT WAKE UP TODAY" he shouted at the top of his voice,

"The doctors said she's becoming more and more responsive as the day goes on and there's a good chance she will wake up within the next 24 hours! See Nialler told you shed be okay." Zayn said putting his arm over my shoulder.

"Thanks buddy I'm gonna get a bite to eat then get washed and head back to the hospital" I smiled at them for the first time in what felt like forever.

I ran downstairs as fast as my legs would carry me.

"Hey guess lou told you the news?" Liam asked looking up from his news paper.

"Yeap yup yippidy yes!" I tuned feeling on top of the world. I strolled into the kitchen to see Harry clad in a pink floral apron "Hey good looking, whatcha got cooking?" I asked putting my arm around his shoulders.

"Hey nialler you've finally risen, thought you had turned into sleeping beauty and I wasn't kissing you!" He laughed "im making some french toast, you want some?" Harry asked, as if he didnt already know the answer. 

"hmmm let me think about that one........uhmm...DUHH!" i said as i punched his arm playfully

"ugh well you didnt have to be rude about it, that was right in the feelings! how dare you hurt the curly headed baby of the group" Harry chided and i laughed at the face he pulled in return.

A few minutes later our food was ready, I called the other boys over before taking my seat at the small dining room table whilst the four other congregated to collect there share, we all sat and ate whilst talking about a few things when Zayn spoke up,

"Hey if Cora does wake up do you reckon she will be better in time to prepair for the private gig or should we get in contact with management? I dunno bout you guys but I don't think I want to go on stage naked...." He added the last part with a smirk played across his face. I had totally forgotten about the gig with everything that's happened it went right out of my head. Zayns right we are kind of faced with a dilemma here, this opportunity meant so much to Cora, more so than she probably knew, however we do still need clothes picked and ready for the show.

"Uhm leave it with me, if she does wake I'll talk to her and if she doesn't...." My voice drifted of and Liam nodded at me, fully understanding what I meant.

"Okay Nialler do what you have to and if worst comes to the worst we can fly Dani and El over here, I'm sure they'd be capable of the task afoot" Liam said, he was always the level headed one that could make a solution for a problem that hadn't arisen yet.

After throwing the rest of my french toast into my mouth and washing it down with a glass of orange juice I ran upstairs and switched on the shower, I jamp in before giving the water time to heat and ended up having to dodge freezing cold sprays, once the water reached a reasonable temperature I washed hastily and got out. Quickly I ran a comb through my tangled hair and brushed my teeth. Venturing off into my room, in the hope of not running into any of the boys due to me only being covered by a towel that was strategically tied around my waits and reaching no further than my knees. I pulled on some boxers under a pair of grey sweatpants and then shoved a white tee over my head and zipper over the top, nothing fancy I'm sure if Cora woke she wouldn't exactly mind that I hadn't dressed up for the occasion. I ran back down the stairs and into the living room where the boys were sat around the tv "Zayiamouirry can you take me too the hospital" I looked to all of the boys with puppy dog eyes on praying one of them would accept,

"Why was I last?" Harry asked arms crossed over his cheast

"Because Harold you have an awkward name that just didn't want to fit in my mashup so it had to go at the end" I laughed pleased with my come back

"Hmph" was all I got back from Harry.

"Oh oh oh I'll take you! I want to go to the shop anyways!" Louis it is then.

I got to the hospital and made my way to Coras ward, I spotted her mum and dad sitting in the waiting area chatting over a cup of coffee so I strolled over to see if they had any further news.

"Hey Mr and Mrs Weston how's things? Has there been anymore news?" I asked smiling at them both whilst taking a seat across from them.

"Oh Hello Niall dear well that doctor just can out to tell us that we can go in very soon, there running a couple tests but they said she's started to move her hands and fingers a little bit which is a really good sign! Let's hope alls well." Lilian Weston gushed seeming the same neurotic woman I had always know.

"So Niall son how's the music coming along, you boys are all I ever here about, on the Tv on the radio everywhere, safe to say you boys have made it and made it big!" John weston asked seeming genuinely interested, his voice was hoarse with age and grief but his race was still as I remembered.

"Aww sir its great, all I've ever wanted and more. Its strange though, I miss home a lot what with all the travelling but I suppose its worth it to live my dream" I said honestly

"That's it son you've got it all figured out!" Just as Mr Weston finished talking a nurse came out of Coras room 

"Mrs and Mr weston your daughter has woken she's asking for you both" a smile broke across my face, she was okay! Truly okay! I couldn't be more happy! I got up to follow lilian and John into the room when the nurse placed her hand on my chest "Only family" she said her pleasant smile changing instantaneously to a scowl filled with hatred,

"Oh...okay..I'll just..-" I tried to be reasonable

"Don't really care just sit down, shut up and stay out of my way!" She said voice filled with venomous rage. She sauntered off down the hall without another word, I looked on in shock, what had I done?

AN - im back! lols can you guys actually believe that i got over 400 reads on this I MEAN LIKE WOW! i dont think any of you could even comprehend how much that means to me, no joke! Anyway keep reading! oh and if you want comment, vote, fan whatever but im just happy that so many of you have read this! :D 

dedicated to............. @StevieHoranBieber for commenting! Thanks lovie!!

oh pic on the side is the drawing louis made on nialls bed :p