Chapter Ninety Two

Songs For This Chapter:

· My Kind of Love - Emeli Sande

· Mirror - Justin Timberlake

· Rumor Has It - Adele

· Either Way - Gunther

Jade's POV

" Are you okay?" Emily asked as she sat down at my kitchen table.

" Not really,  didn't get a lot of sleep last night. " I admitted before taking a sip of my diet coke.

" What's been on your mind?"

" My relationship with Harry,  School,  Samantha's pregnancy,  my weight." I explained. 

" You're weight is fine, babe. You will loose a few pounds from the stress that you've been having. "  She smiled. " You should eat an apple or something,  you do look a bit sickly. "

" Emi?"

" Yes, babe?"

" Does it look like I've gained weight?"

" No." Emily scoffed.  " You look fine."

I smiled at her reply, I could easily tell that she was lying. Emily always looked away and completely avoided eye contact whenever she lied.

  " Thank you." I replied.  " I'm sorry to sound rude, but I need to take a shower before Harry gets here. Would you like to stay here while I shower,  it won't take me very long."

" Sure, mind if I steal a coke?" 

" No, go ahead. " I replied as I stood up from my chair.  I smiled softly at Emily before walking across the kitchen and into the hallway. 

Once I made it to my bedroom,  I grabbed my cell phone from the nightstand and opened up my text messages.  " Juliet,  are you feeling better? "

I frowned at the message before responding with " Erm,  yeah." I locked the screen, placed my phone back down on the nightstand and walked to my dresser.

I swiftly gathered up some undergarments, a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I closed the the last drawer just  as my text tone, chimed from my cellular.  " Great :D."

" I have a couple questions." I replied.

Seconds later the sender replied "Ask away."

" How long have you known me?"

" Less than a year."

" How did you meet me?"

" Through mutual friends. "

" Why did you stop texting when I was hospitalised? "

" Because I knew that Harry would have your phone. "

" But how did you know that I was in the hospital? "

" Because I work there."

" You're a doctor?"

" No, I'm an apprentice. "

I sighed and lock the screen of my phone. With my clothes in my hands, I left my bedroom, walked to the restroom and closed the door behind me.

I sat down my clothes onto the counter of the sink and begun to take off my shirt. I cringed at the sight of myself in the mirror,  this time not because of my weight, because of my face.  My skin was so  pale, dark circles were formed under my eyes. My lack of sleep was making me sick.  I turned away from the mirror and removed the rest of my clothes before turning on the shower and entering.