14

The sound of my hand landing on Blake's cheeks echoed through the room. His expression was a mixture of shock and a hint of fear. I don't think he's seen me this angry. I couldn't contain my emotions and this was the only way I knew to express them.

A few seconds by and he spoke in a hoarse tone.

"I'm sorry".

A gush of tears swept down my face as my legs buckled underneath me. Blake grabbed on to my waist and gently cushioned my fall. I was beyond speechless as I cried silently next to him. This was the closest we have been without ripping each other's throats off. He held me. I felt a teardrop splash on to my forehead.

I looked up as I wiped my tears. He noticed me staring at him. He was crying. The most brutal man known to exist was shedding a tear. How could this be.

I gathered myself and shoved him strong arms off me and started to get up to leave when he spoke again.

" I lost two people today; one being our child and one being..you. I'm a ashamed that I could cause you pain. I'm pained today as well-''. My jaw dropped at how insensitive he could be. I couldn't understand what messed him up to be so cold and sadistic. We just lost a human that was created and he decided to make it about him.

I turned around and glared at him a deathly stare far more sinister than any one ever created. "You think this is about you..I never thought I would hate someone but these past couple of days proved I do hold hatred in my heart for you. I may be your wife but right now I would rather be six foot under than look at you or breath the same air as you!"

I turned around and headed for the door. I closed it behind me with a loud thud that shook the paintings on the wall. I walked to my chambers and sat on my bed. I felt helpless. Suha was not here to comfort me.

I needed someone.

Even though, it was only blobs of blood it still had potential to live. How could he do it. My mind started racing and my hands started to discolour as I gripped the bed sheets. I needed to do something about him. I had to either end him or cripple him for life.

Out of nowhere my mind started to slowly de-tangle the confusion and mixed emotions. I felt a voice started making its way through the ways I was going to murder him. It was Suha's. Her voice was muffled and the more I tried to focus the clearer it became.

" Please Brianna don't hurt the monster because sometimes the monster can't be tamed. Don't judge no matter the situation. You need to ask yourself what made him turn out the way he is. He has his own story to tell and he's telling you in a violent way because he might be scared to open up. His books are sealed but the keys are nearby. Retrieve them".

I couldn't believe what my mind was spewing. A part of me said just kill him and run away but the powerful part of me said trust what Suha would want me to do. I know it would take some time to actually be around him without killing him but maybe he was sending me a single of desperation for help. He was elf destructing and I was the fire to the fuel.

My eyes widened as I realised he might be on his wits end. I jumped out of my bed and put my slippers back on and ran out of my room creating a thud that nearly ripped the door of its hinges. I ran the corners of the house and opened the study room. He..wasn't there!

My body froze and I shouted to the nearest maid to come quickly. Two came rushing out of the opposite bedroom. The shorter one had blonde golden hair and a warm smile. She seemed shy but had a witty character. The taller one had Brunette curly hair underneath her maids hat. She looked exhausted but concealed it quickly. They seemed to be cleaning and said " Your majesty how may we assist you?" In unison.

" Where is Blake?" I asked as my heart raced.
The blonde one spoke in the shy tone that I detected and said " He left the study a couple of minutes ago, he said he was going for a ride in his horse. He looked to be going alone. He said something about going to the river through the woods. Do you want me to get the stable boy to prepare you a horse?"

I nodded and told them I'm getting ready and putting on my stallion uniform. A few moments later I ran to out of the building towards the stables. A shiny dark horse was swaying for me and before I could thank the stable boy I hopped on and hit my legs on the belly of the horse. It let out a 'neigh' and raced towards the woods. The ground was gravelling underneath the horses hooves.

The louder it got the more I became anxious.

I didn't know where I was going but I knew that I had to listen carefully for more than one animal in a designated area because groups of  animals tend to be around water for survivals.

I slowed down the horse to make sure I could hear something other than my heart beating. Out of nowhere I heard another horse 'neighing' in the distance. I whipped the horse and it ran in the direction of the sound.

A few moments I arrived and I could see Blake's silhouette near the water. He was looking at it intently. To my surprise he didn't hear me coming. He possessed the ability to hear a pin drop in a room full of people.

I jumped off the horse and cane towards him. He still didn't move from his position when his hand moved and a large dagger emerged.

I let out a scream and he instantly turned around. He was about to stab himself in the heart. He looked at me dead in the eyes. He was far from his cocky, arrogant self. I strutted towards him to try and retrieve the dagger when he raised his other hand and spoke in a dangerous tone.

" Stay or I swear I will end it here!"

I froze.

I took a deep breath and spoke in a a soothing tone to help him relax and prevent him from killing himself.

" P-please I don't want to lose you too...."