⇨ HANGOVER

"We're back!" Steve announced as Bucky quickly rushed to his side, hastily covering the soldier's mouth as Steve's eyes were evidently asking for an explanation

"Shhhh!" Bucky harshly whispered through his teeth with widened eyes as an alerting pan stung his gut.

"What? What's going on?" Steve implored forcefully removing Bucky's secured hand from his lips.

"Hungover doesn't even begin to describe Kate." He explained earning an amused smirk from Steve, the soldier far too focused on silencing Steve he hardly noticed the mischievous smirk snaking onto Tony's lips.

"Well I know just the cure for that!" Tony vexatiously laughed briskly rubbing his hands together, causing both Steve and Bucky to hastily whip around their heads to face him.

"Stark, no!" Steve objected immediately lunging towards Tony now quickly darting across the room with a devious chuckle alerting everyone's ears.

"Well that can't be good." Sam weakly laughed elbowing Natasha's shoulder as she joined in stifling back a laugh which sent her red waves swaying back and forth.

"RISE AND SHINE LITTLE SHIT!" Tony belted while clapping his hands together above his head roughly bursting into my dark, quiet room.

"What the hell?" I moaned peeking my pulsating head out from under the warm sheets as the cold air contrasted harshly against my hot cheeks.

"Are you ok, Kate?" Steve asked intently scanning my features only to be greeted by my purely confused and distraught expression.

"Oh yes, definitely. I just feel like my head is going to explode, that's all." I sarcastically hissed still wondering if I was actually apart of the life playing fuzzily in front of my eyes.

"C'mon Tony, let her be." Steve sternly insisted forcefully dragging Tony towards the door by his arm, my ears not quite catching the few words that slipped from the billionaire's mouth.

"Sorry, about that." Bucky guiltily apologized anxiously rubbing the back of his neck, resting his visibly tensed structure against the slick doorframe.

"I expect nothing less from the asshole himself." I began to laugh but quickly reframed from doing so in the attempt to eradicate the sudden, sharp pain.

"Remind me never to let you drink again." Bucky added inadvertently letting out a soft laugh.

"Will do, Barnes."

•       •       •

I drifted in and out of a dreamless sleep the remainder of the day and slowly began to get over this nasty, lingering hangover. Surprisingly I'd grown far too familiar with such an unpleasant feeling, it was almost normal for me to feel at my absolute lowest regularly; the reason being that the only way I could truly cope in the past was drinking and self harm, unfortunate but true. However, the truth is never all sunshine and rainbows, it's all shit, and thinking for a split second that it is brings more harm than a lie itself. Almost anything pleasant or favorable in this world is merely a fantasy, nothing more nothing less.