This is hairstyle #1 in a new series I'm calling "First Day Hairstyles". These are my favorites hairstyles for first day, or really any day, of school. WARNING: some require heated tools so you may need an adults help to achieve these gorgeous hairstyles.
. . .
What you need:
1. Starting near your hairline, pick up three strands of hair, as if you're starting a French braid.
2. Cross the strand closest to the top of your head (1) over the middle section (2).
3. Cross the bottom section (3) over the new middle section (1).
4. Cross the new top section (2) over the new middle (3), and then the bottom (1) over the middle (2).
5. Drop the middle strand (2) down, so it blends in with the rest of your hair.
6. Pick up a piece about the same size from near your part.
7. This strand (4) becomes your new top section-cross it over the middle to continue the braid.
8. Cross the bottom strand (1) over the new section (4), and repeat steps 2-8 all the way around your head.
9. When you get behind your opposite ear, do a normal, three-strand braid for about an inch.
10. Secure the braid behind your ear with a bobby pin.