Chapter 17

JACK

"Well my insecurities and problems aren't as bad as yours Jack," he nervously laughs looking down at his lap. Dried up tears on his cheek. How cute of him to cry with me.

"I always tell myself something basically everyday." He whispers and then pauses.

"What is that something," I try to touch his chin to make him look at me.

"Love is hard." He hurriedly says and I realized more tears are leaving his face.

"Of course it is Zach, it can't be perfect. Love wouldn't be special if you didn't have problems to conquer." I explain bringing my face closer to his before I press my lips on his.

He kisses back for a moment before he jerks away from me. Causing me to frown. "You don't get it, Jack."

"Well please explain it to me," I try to offer.

"All my life I've felt like I haven't gotten enough love and affection. I know it sounds petty but it hurts. I've felt like I can't trust anyone that's why I found my one place in reading. It's helped me feel something without getting hurt. Especially romance novels the only love I've ever thought I needed." He confesses sobbing.

"Zach you don't need to feel that way with me. I'll be your romance novel but with actual feelings for you and more real life." I grab his hands pulling him closer to my chest as we sit crisscrossed on the couch.

"But I don't know if I-i can t-trust you?" He fumbles over his words as he speaks. I don't know if you can trust me either but I'm willing to try.

"You shouldn't," I chuckle with a smile but my eyes a little watery. "But I'm willing to cope with my anger issues if you give me a chance."

"But what if you get mad again?" He mumbles his lip poking out a little.

"Zach, I have to admit I don't know what's gonna happen. I know for a fact I'll get mad again but I don't know what I gotta do to not take it out on you. I just don't know." I yell out my hands pulling away from him to clench into fists. One, two, three..

I take a deep breathe. "I just know that I love you and I wanna show you all the love and affection that you deserve."

I try smiling but he looks at me with a a slight smile but his eyes still look sad.

I sigh, "how bout we try to get past our differences and give this relationship a shot?"

He's silence for a moment. Where that moment turns to minutes. I feel a wave of anger come over me at how inpatient I am so I start to get up from the couch.

But as I'm getting up Zach grabs my wrist pulling me back down and I let him. "I wanna try," he whispers.

I smile so hard it hurts my jaw a little and then engulf him in a hug. "You make me so happy," I whisper as I lay my head on his shoulder.

Eventually we pull away and just sit starring st each other. I don't long we stare, but we stare into each other his eyes. His eyes so brown I don't know what they remind me of they're a dark color brown.

"I love you," I hear him say but almost miss it at the suddenness.

"I love you too," I reply back continuing to look him in the eye.

Eventually breaking eye contact I grab his shoulders to bring him closer. I let him cuddle into my chest as I whisper into his ear.

"If I'm your romance novels, I'm gonna give you a whole new story. We could sit around doing nothing for hours. We could text each other while just sitting less than a foot away. We could go on fancy or stupid dates. We could do everything you always wanted to do," I say hearing him giggle.

"We could also make love," I whisper under my breathe but he stills hears me as he gasps and hits my chest.

"Is this our new beginning, Lover Boy?" I ask not that it is important.

"Yes I think it is," he replies back as I kiss his forehead.

So I haven't plugged in this book but new book out called Sweet Innocent Angel. A Zorbyn AU. Plz give it a read. 🦒