Surprises (Ralph x reader)

Warnings: A VERY slight angst in the end, but other than that, none

Word count: 841

Ralph was a sweetheart, you had saved him from the abandoned house and brought him to your home a few months earlier. And now he was your roommate and you had the slight crush on him, though you didn't like to admit it even to yourself. He was so pure, so innocent and you felt like you would destroy his innocence if you told him about your feelings. He hadn't even hugged you before. Or well, he had tried, he bumped into you really quickly when you were sad and then ran away. And well, it worked because it made you smile. Ralph was watching some cheesy, romantic movie on the couch when you were preparing some dinner for yourself and your friend, who was about to come to visit in just a few minutes. You were just pouring the sauce on the pasta and stir it when you heard Ralph murmur something.

"What is it, Ralph?" you asked and looked over to him.

"Ralph wonders what are those humans doing on the TV?" he asked and wrung his fingers. You walked over and saw a man and a woman kissing in the rain, the man had lifted the woman up and they both were soaked wet.

"They are kissing", you laughed and Ralph looked confused.

"They look very happy in Ralph's opinion," Ralph muttered and then his gaze turned quickly to you and he shot up from the couch. "Ralph wants to kiss Y/N! If it makes people happy, Ralph wants to give happy feelings to Y/N!" You flushed bright red and then looked at your toes.

"Ralph, I must explain a few things to you about that. Um, firstly, you..." you started, but then your doorbell rang. "We'll... we'll talk about this later, okay?" and after Ralph eagerly nodded, you went to open the door. F/N hugged you and gave you a box of your favorite chocolate.

"It's been so long!" they exclaimed and you smiled, hugging them back. You pulled away from the hug and glanced Ralph, who was standing behind you.

"F/N, this... this is Ralph, he's my roommate who I told you about," you said and smiled softly at Ralph. F/N walked over to Ralph and held their hand to him. Ralph looked at the hand, then F/N and looked confused.

"Ralph doesn't know what Y/N's friend is doing", he said, twitching a little and you went over to them.

"It's alright. F/N, Ralph doesn't like it when strangers touch him, I don't know if he had shaken your hand even if he knew what handshake was." you took your friend to the table and served the pasta to them.

"How did you meet him?" F/N asked and you smiled.

"Long story short; I found an abandoned house, Ralph was in there and I took him living with me because I felt bad for him," you said and put some margarine on your bread. You chatted about your lives, Ralph, and his dating partner for a long time, moving to the couch for the rest of the evening. But eventually, it was time for F/N to leave. They put their shoes on and jacket and you chatted for a while by the clothing rack. Then Ralph came from behind, grabbed F/N and kissed them. You looked at the sight dumbfounded and then pushed Ralph off.

"Ralph, what the hell are you doing?!" you shouted, Ralph's LED started blinking red and he looked scared.

"Ralph is sorry! He just wanted to make F/N happy! Because they make Y/N happy, Ralph just wanted to thank them!" Ralph sobbed, shaking and twitching violently, sliding down against the wall and then it came to you.

"Um... Ralph saw some kissing earlier on TV and thought that people do that to make each other happy. I didn't get time to explain the real cause for kissing because you came and... well, you get it." you explained. F/N, besides looking shocked, smiled and nodded. "You can leave now, I'll handle this with Ralph."

After F/N left, you sat down, beside Ralph and took his hand to your own. "Ralph, you didn't do nothing wrong. Kissing isn't just... a way to say thank you. Well, at least not like that, you... you can kiss the one for who you deeply care about and... yeah."

"Ralph... Ralph didn't know. Ralph thought he should just kiss F/N, because F/N was so nice and..." Ralph started to babble and you put your finger on his lips.

"Shush, nothing to apologize for", you said and Ralph looked at you.

"Y/N said that kisses should be given for those who Ralph cares about. Can Ralph give one to you, then?" he asked and you flushed red.

"Um... yes. If you'd like to."

And so he kissed you, delicately and carefully. And you smiled the rest of the day. Or week. Or month.