013

A D D I S O N
November 15th

I arrive with the driver. Ryder's always been extravagant like this. Maybe thats why we never quite worked out. I get out of the very expensive car. Being with him was living lavish. Being rich is one thing. Being wealth, is Ryder himself. A boy who would never have to worry about not eating for a night, or where is his rent is coming from. Coming from a middle class family I felt envy. My mother and father worked for every cent they make. People like Ryder just float on the water. But Ryder never acted stuck up when I was with him. Though he loved the lavish lifestyle, he also liked a night in with netflix and a box of cheap pizza. Being with him was great. But he wanted to be public. And I couldn't do that. I swallow as I step into the madhatter.

I bite my lip looking at the tables. I notice him sitting in the corner. Same table as always for Mr.Thorneberry. His broad shoulders slant to the right still. His normal resting position. I lick my raw lips before walking over to him. A crooked smile forms on his face. I try not to smile at his. He stands and quickly pulls out my chair.

I sit nervously.

"Why was I in your house?" I ask strongly.

"Thats the first question you want to ask after not seeing me in months?" Ryders lips curve into a smirk.

"Thats the only question that matters to me ry- Ryder." I almost call him his nickname already falling back into old habits.

"If you're asking, we didn't do anything." Ryder rolls his eyes. "I'm not-"

"I know you're not like that. I just need to know why I was there. I can't remember anythung from yesterday." I shake my head.

Ryder takes a deep breath. "I just got back from New York. Came here for a nice drink. You were all over some older guy. When I pulling you away you said you just need bus fare. You didn't look too good so I brought you back home with me." Ryder shrugs.

"Why would you help me after--"

"You were young. So was I. But now we've both grown and I'm not gonna let you sit in a bar alone and broke." Ryder tells me. I nod slowly. The thing is, with Ryder Thorneberry there's always a catch. Though he was kind and sweet to me, he was manipulative. He liked control more than he liked me.

"Thank you, for last night. I'd love to buy you a drink but I'm broke and I have a date." I nod standing up.

"A date?" The words coldly fall out of his mouth as if I was talking to a totally different person.

"Yes, with my boyfriend. Hes been blowing up my phone worried, so I have to go." I bite my bottom lip.

"You're not even gonna try to apologize for what you did?" His eyes darken.

"What I did?" I question.

"Telling me you hated me last year." Ryders ocean eyes fill. His eyelids like his own personal break wall.

"I-"

"No I get it. Your new boyfriends probably more important. Do you love him? Actually don't answer that." Ryder shakes his head standing up to storm off.

"Ryder don't!" I grab his fore arm as his lips quickly connect to mine. He presses me against the wall. His kiss filled with love and lust and want. No, need. I kiss back feeling the sweet pleasure of his lips against mine. I guess they are right when they say you never ever forget your first love. I grab the back of his hair as he smirks.

"Come back to my place so we can talk. Catch up." He pulls away leaving our foreheads touching.

"But-"