chapter 1.

A/N: This is just a little start.
The first chapter edit is underway!

***

"You know that I miss you but you really need to sleep. You and the girls have a big day ahead of you tomorrow." I say down the phone to my best friend, Lauren Jauregui. I look at the time and sigh, it's 2AM in Miami and I'm exhausted.

"I know, I know...I just really wanted to hear your voice tonight. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Lauren whines down the phone, I roll my eyes but smile at her childish tone.

"I'm getting to LA in two days, that's not long! And we Skyped yesterday! You've seen me." I hear Lauren chuckle down the phone as I remind her and I swear my heart skips a beat, just like it always does when I hear her laugh.

"Fine," she sighs and gives in, "I'll sleep now." I roll my eyes once more and look out of my open bedroom window at the stars in the star and think of what could be.

I'm about to hang up but Lauren speaks. "I love you, Y/N." She says and my breath hitches. To me it has so much meaning...But to her, nothing.

"I...I love you too, Lauren." I manage to get out before throwing my phone to my side and then I stand, pace and then flop onto my bed with a huge grin on my face. Talking to Lauren always did that for me...Actually anything to do with Lauren puts a smile on my face.

***

For me, the next day went by unbearably slowly. Tomorrow was the day I flew to LA to see Lauren and the girls for three weeks. Right now, I'm viewing this as a fresh start for me, I've just finished high school and in August I start college. This is my time to start fresh and live how I want to live.

The only bad thing about my trip to LA is that he would be there, and by he, I mean Luis.

I can't stand him and he can't stand me but Lauren seems happy so I guess I should do the mature thing and be happy for her. However, he doesn't even care about her. He wants attention, and he gets plenty of it from dating Lauren and all the shit he causes and that makes me sick to the stomach but Lauren...She's so infatuated with him and so oblivious to his intentions. She needs to open her eyes and see what is going on right in front of her.

***

2 days later

I walked through LAX with Luis (Lauren wanted us to take the same flight - for bonding). We managed to make our way outside of the airport without killing each other, just. Now we just had to get to the apartment that Lauren shares with the rest of the girls.

I wasn't paying much attention when I suddenly heard a loud scream and someone running towards Luis and hugging him. It was Lauren. I turned my eyes away and saw the other four girls casually strolling towards me, Lauren was still busy with Luis.

"Y/N, we missed you so much!" Ally said as she engulfed me in a hug.

"I missed you too Ally." I said honestly because, who wouldn't miss her? She may just give the best advice on the planet.

"Y/N." Dinah said with a smirk and at first I didn't know why but then I remembered about how I told all the other girls about my feelings for Lauren that go beyond friendship. I may come to regret that one day.

"Dinah." I said returning the smirk before she practically jumped on me.

"Y/N, you look great, its so good to see you." Mani said pulling me into a tight embrace.