Part 10 Sirius Black | Edited

Sunday afternoon arrived with rainbow fragnance, swirling into the air from hundreds of scattered autumn flowers. The weather felt heated as if a shut oven had burst open, yet not even a silky touch of the toasty wind could reach your hair. The air was as still and stuffy as a buried coffin.

Alone, you left for the courtyard, instantly meeting the stiffling autumn heat. It had changed since it rained last night and all of sudden, everyone in the UK wanted that pouring weather again.

A bunch of wizards and witches huddled outside, scrambling below the blinding sun, stripped down to their white t-shirts and rolled sleeves, some had ditched their ties and unbuttoned their shirts.

The others, taking advantage, were practising their spells with one another.

Apollyon, the caretaker, had been sprinting around the yard, shouting at the teens "All sorted students must wear ONE piece of uniform with their emblem or house's colours!" - he glared at a couple of giggling kids whose clothes were just white and black "HEY! You hear me?!"

Behind him, Sirius Black was chuckling alongside James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin.

Sirius swiftly stretched his wand towards Apollyon's back and a bright flame lunged out, catching the caretaker's robe on fire.

Apollyon jumped on his feet as if the grass turned into a lava pool, grabbing onto his boiling bottom as he sprinted for the fountain and dived in, ignoring the sound of students laughing at the sight.

Sirius's smile appeared to have enchanted a collection of females who were giggling and smirking at the young sorcerer. Well indeed, Sirius was an attractive guy, so it was only fair that he'd have a herd of admirers.

With a wide grin, he glimpsed over your way and you both locked eyes. Dauntlessly, he held his gaze, ignoring the squad of swooning girls behind him.

You couldn't help but grin back, as if his stretched smile was contagious.

James, Remus and Peter all trailed Sirius's eyes, noticing he had been glancing at you.

"Ahhh" - James suddenly shouted loud enough for you to hear "Now I know why you're here" - he smirked at flustered looking Sirius.

Sirius quickly smacked James in the arm then tried to push him out of the sight.

"OI!" - James shouted at you from a far before he was ridiculously tackled by Sirius.

Entertained, you chose to ignore their shenanigans and read over the assignment you've been working on.

But then you noticed Tom Riddle enter the courtyard alongside two of his slytherin companions and immediately felt distracted.

Sirius was alarmed by the diversion of your eyes and his smile disappeared, he automatically assumed you were attracted to Riddle like so many others.

James put a comforting arm on Sirius's shoulder "Don't get upset, padfoot, you still have a chance"

Sirius glanced at James's smirk "I never said I didn't" - he looked back at Riddle "He isn't interested in anything other than his diary anyway"

They both snickered before bursting into laughter.

Riddle, taking attention to that, sneered at the annoying sound of their chortling and the marauders stopped.

Remus seemed to just stand stiffly, he didn't find it as amusing, while Peter was smiling but just to belong.

You kept an eye on Tom and his company, focusing on their lips, trying to listen in on their conversation, but you could only hear a few words here and there.

"Recruit" - You heard Tom utter among the rest of his blabbering.

So he was talking about recruiting. By this time, they might be planning out the death eaters system.

There was only one source that could help you find out more - Severus Snape.

Even though Snape didn't know you now, you briefly knew him in the future. You were aware you'd have to make him notice you through the only source you had at the moment - Lily.

But how to get Snape to tell you about it?

Snape was incredibly talented in Potions class. He and Tom seemed to compete all the time for professor Slughorn's attention, creating tension. However, they were still associated in some way.
Surely, Snape had to know all about the upcoming death eaters.

At the moment Snape seemed easier to break than Tom Riddle.

And so, you walked out of the courtyard, feeling Sirius Black keep his eyes on you until you were gone.

At the girls dormitory, where you could usually see your friends hang around, you found Lily and Molly chatting while they snacked on the famous Bertie Bott's every flavour beans

At the girls dormitory, where you could usually see your friends hang around, you found Lily and Molly chatting while they snacked on the famous Bertie Bott's every flavour beans. Mary, on the other hand, was taking a very long nap.

"Oh my..." - Molly stuck out her tongue, as if she ate something disgusting. She noticed you come in and surged for you, the small sweets box clenched in her grasp "You've got to try this"

You shrugged and took one out, immediately throwing it into your mouth and chewing on it, without even taking notice at the colour.

"So?" - Molly was observing your face, awaiting for any signs of change "What does it taste like?"

"Apple?" - you answered, not completely sure of it.

Lily laughed at Mollys' disappointed face "She made me do the same and I got grass. But Molly already tried two and she got both boogers"

"Ugh, gross" - you frowned

"Eh, it's not that bad" - Molly waved her hand "Another one?" - she stretched out the box again

"No, thank you, I'm not sure if I want to... you know... vomit" - you smiled at her before looking at the other ginger "Hey, Lily, can I speak to you for a minute?"

"Vomit--" - Molly mumbled, glancing at the packet "There's one for that too..."

"Of course" - Lily jumped from her bed and followed you through the door, where the two of you were alone "What's the matter?" - she looked concerned "Everything okay?"

"I was just wondering, since you basically know everyone in Hogwarts, would you know anyone particularly experienced with potions?" - you knew exactly that potions was the best thing Severus could do

"Maybe...Why?"

"It's just that I've been so unfortunate with it in the past and I'm afraid of the upcoming exams" - you lied. But you needed an excuse so she would introduce you to him. Properly. Since Severus was an introvert, he wouldn't let a stranger like you get close enough to him on your own.

"Okay..." - she said "I might know someone. I've mentioned him before and you've seen him -- Severus Snape -- the boy from Slytherin. I could introduce you to him if you'd like"

"That would be perfect, thank you."

"No problem, I'll speak to him first thing tomorrow."

You politely smiled at her before both of you returned to the room.