A man

Anthony's Pov

Belle had that confident look young women often wear, but it was never morose. Always behind those slightly pursed lips was a smile just waiting to be tempted out. I never wanted to guess where she was from in case I got it wrong; I liked her a lot.

Sometimes she'd look my way and I pretend not to notice, too much interest and I think she would have run. But when I did return her glances I didn't have to try and force myself to smile, in a little way I geuss she understood too.

I didn't even know if she was allowed to date a guy like me. But today when I took a chance and told her to come with me after school, I saw something flicker in her eyes that I never wanted to die...

"100% on your history test Anthony as usual keep it up!" Mrs. Shane announced smiling widely. "If you could just all be like Anthony that would be a dream." She stated handing out papers.

Mrs. Shane's history classroom was exactly not like the other classrooms in this school. Keep that in mind because every day, as she spoke, it was transformed by some miracle. One day in class, I heard the roar of World War I cannons as they exploded in France, l914. I never knew what to expect next.

I found myself in World War in trenches with the French or British, fighting the enemy, cold, downpours of rain, and hunger. I remember one time, I flew missions in a two winged plane, and was shot down.

I listened to a speech of Winston Churchill over the radio to the British people during World War II. On another day, I ventured into the halls of justice to witness the cross examination of a Nazi war criminal.

Every one or two weeks at most, I would travel the world with the rich and powerful. I sat in the presence of countless heroes of civilization, and explorers of the Amazon River. There was something always going on in Mrs. Shane's classroom.

"What a retard? Hell no." I was distracted from my thoughts as some boy mumbled at the back while people snickered. "He might be socially awkard but he's pretty smart for an autistic person and super hot, too bad he's dumb in all other areas." A girl chimmed in making almost everyone laugh out.

"Alright kids keep it down! We're concluding to the last ten minutes of the day and I just want to tell you to never give up on something that you love if it's singing music to aspiring to be the best cardiologist in history....don't give up, Anthony you may leave now." Mrs. Shane nodded as I packed my bag and left.

"Hey Anthony! Wait up, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to do my history assignment since you know so much." The same guy who called me a retard asked as I walked out of the school getting away from him.

"Hey Anthony it's Tyler from history! Why don't you ever talk! Wait up I'm talking to you." He caught up to me pulling me back aggresively.

"L-leave me alone." I said slowly looking around for Belle. "No! I'm tired of asking you for small shit and you never agreeing. You're loaded but you can't give me ten bucks so now I nicely asked for you to do me homework and you pretend to not here me like I'm some type of beggar on the street-". I covered my ears tuning him out.

"Hey leave Anthony alone." Belle said standing in front of me blocking us away from each other. "Not only is this retard rich, he's with the hot new French student. What? How does that even happen? Is he paying you to, you know cause I can-" Before he could even finish his sentence Belle slapped him.

"How dare you, I don't know you and you don't know me so don't talk to me like we're friends or something.....leave.Anthony.Alone." She whisper shouted angrily making her French accent visible.

Tyler laughed and pushed her on the floor. I think that's when I lost it, every word stung only fueling the fire that burned inside of me. Every violated phrase was like gasoline to it, my fists began to clench and my jaw rooted.

When the final mento had been added to the coke inside of me I exploded with anger, with no control objects levitated and broke. The next few minutes was a blur but when I came back to my senses it was too late.

Belle was guiding me away from Tyler silently. "I don't feel any guilt whatsoever." I whispered holding her hand, leading her to my car. I sighed angrily. "This is my car.......I don't think I should drive now with so much anger boiled up here I could hit anything...."

Getting in the car I shut the door and Belle entered the passenger seat getting wipes out of her bag. "Can I?" She whispered looking at my hand that had a purple bruise from punching tyler. I shook my head took a deep breath and started driving.

The drive was awkard and very quiet. Belle didn't say anything and looked ahead at the road.

3rd Pov

Belle looked at Anthony and sighed. She didn't like the way he acted with that boy even if he deserved it. Yes she knew she shouldn't have slapped him but the boy verbally harrased her, it was pretty resonable to slap him or wasn't it?

It was like he was a diffrent person, he wasn't himself. When they got there Belle let out another deep breath and let Anthony lead the way.

A small path widened into a multicolored beach with every size of rock - from boulders big enough to sit on, to grains that got stuck between your toes. Beyond was a flat lake, the far shore a thin line in the distance growing into a sheer cliff face.

In the glass like watery mirror was only trees and the sky, so old and young. Wooden boats sent ripples to subside in the deeper water, each moored to the protruding pontoon.

As they approached the waterline, Anthony bent down and skimmed a rock - the splash loud in the otherwise silent time of day and the ripples fading slowly from the poorly thrown pebble. Coniferous trees cast shadows across the shoreline, like the soft blanket he hid under as a child, always feeling safer unseen.

"I come here every friday drawing alone......it's peaceful and quiet." Anthony stated softly sitting on a rock. "Sit." He commanded motioning his hand next to him.

Belle nodded sitting next to him. In her thoughts, Belle could not help but replay the conversation she had with Anthony, and recalled the memories of them together.

Her heart beat faster at the thought I him. He held her hand softly. "Why did you hurt him Anthony?" Belle asked looking at him.

"He insulted you...I just couldn't control myself, i-its like I blacked out while hitting him......he deserved it anyway." Anthony said slowly.

"Yes he did deserve it but not in that way Anthony, you should have told him you didn't appreciate that and be the better man, proving wrong with wrong doesn't make it good." She said running his hand in small circles.

"Well I am a man Belle, I'm sorry for hurting him." Anthony said lowering his head and pouting. Belle smiled in contempt and hugged him. "It's alright just remember before you hit someone again think 'What would 'the better man' do?'."

READVOTE AND COMMENT!!❤❤❤❤

READ
VOTE AND COMMENT!!❤❤❤❤

I APPRECIATE AND LOVE All OF YOU GUYS 💖 HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY 💖