Part 2 A Fresh Start | Edited

You walked through narrow corridors where students would sit scattered in corners, some had books laid flat on their laps, practicing incantations or charms, whilst others would simply chatter, spurt or walk to class and mind their business. A handful of students gave you the side eye glimpse whilst a few of them didn't hide the obvious - that they're scanning your face or your drenched attire.

Uncomfortable, you slouched, quickly tucking the time turner underneath your shirt so nobody would see it then gripping tighter onto your satchel out of sheer anxiety.

Minutes later you had submitted your application and were quickly accepted by the Headmaster himself, who admired your high grades from 'Ilvermorny'.

You recognized the Professor from one of the portraits that rested in Dumbledore's future office.

Armando Dippet, a wise wizard of over 300 years old, gave you a respectful handshake as he welcomed you to your new home - Hogwarts

"You must be in Ravenclaw" - Dippet said "We only make very rare exceptions about accepting students as the term had already begun a month ago"

"That feels like a lot of pressure now, sir" - you replied, gripping tighter onto your black satchel

"Do not listen to me" - Armando stopped besides a set of staircase "The sorting hat is charmed to sort you based on your strongest trait." - he waved his hand towards the stairs as he resumed walking "Which might be something different. Albus Dumbledore is one of my finest professors. I expect him to take my place once I leave. Henceforth, I thought it would be fair for me to trust him with the keeping of the hat."

After hearing a knock, Albus let you and the headmaster to come into his office.

Dumbledore had been wearing glasses, there was a quill in his hand as he seemed to be writing some sort of letter. When Albus saw the two of you come in, he put down his quill and stood up "Ah! What is the honor behind the unexpected visit?" - he asked

Armando stretched his arm out to present you behind him "This is a young transfer from Ilvermorny. Would you kindly assist us with the sorting?"

"Of course." - Dumbledore nodded his head before opening a nearby, large chest then yanking a battered looking hat.

" - Dumbledore nodded his head before opening a nearby, large chest then yanking a battered looking hat