Four

Now my vision is blur and I am seeing black skinny jeans and unmade beds and music notes and his face before I left. These images shouldn’t run together and I hope could wish it away. It took me seconds to recognize the person who is in front of me, those blazing green eyes and curls. Damn. How come he's here? Is he one of Liam's friends now? I should have known before coming here.

Seeing him wrapped around with someone else hurts. It hurts really bad. Maybe it's just because it’s late and i'm tipsy. Maybe I’m just overemotional right now.

"Where were you?" Says the girl. I assume his new girlfriend.

"I-I just got here." He responds.

"Wait, you know each other?" Liam interrupts. Pointing at me and Harry.

Well, of course. He's my ex! If only you were interested to listen about my love life you would've known.

"No." I immediately answered before he could say anything.

"Oh."

He shrugs. His eyes move to where I am standing. Eyes meeting mine again.

"You okay?" Zayn suddenly speak. Maybe he felt that I stiffed with the way I was still leaning on him and his arm around my waist.

"Um, yeah. Of course!" I smile.

"Come on guys! I need some dancin' now!" Niall runs down the stairs and we all followed.

--

The dance floor were filled with sweaty bodies, people grinding on each other and jumping to the beat. Zayn and Louis were already in joining the crowd. Niall is having his time chatting with some girls at the counter and Liam is pretty much occupied with Emma. Well, at least someone is having a good night.

Here I am, leaning against the cold wall with my arms crossed and a little bit tipsy. Maybe I shouldn't have came here and maybe I should've just sent Liam a congratulation card. How come people are having fun and I'm nowhere close?

Is it has something to do with what happened earlier? I couldn't deny that I was— and still, uncomfortable with it. But why is there a tiny part of me saying I am really happy to see him?

This is not what I have pictured tonight will be. Letting out a sigh, I decided to go home. I started to look for Liam and tell him but he's nowhere in sight, so is Emma.

"Great." I huff.

Maybe I should just wait for them for a minute, just in case. But where? Oh right! I make my way upstairs to where we were earlier. And good thing nobody's here, the place looks exactly the same as we left. Doesn't anybody else uses the VIP section besides us? I think this is not just a VIP room to me.  I sat back to my seat and took my heels off. How long have I been walking with these? I reach down to my left foot and rubs it softly.

"I thought no one was here." Someone suddenly interrupts.

My body suddenly froze. That voice. I know that raspy voice. I look up to see who it was, and my mind didn't betray me.

"Oh I was just leaving." I said, embarrassed. Out of all my moments tonight that he would see, why now? I hoist myself off the seat and grab my heels. I am about to walk down but he grabs my arm.

"Don't be silly, Elaine." Elaine. I miss him calling me by my name.

"Sorry for interrupting you earlier." If he was talking about me rubbing my foot, I'd rather not talk about it. He walks towards a box hanging from the wall. He start to push some buttons and something beeped. I was surprised when a part of the wall started to move, revealing the beautiful city of New York— It's a glass window! I gasp at the sight.