27| Would you rather

"Would you rather sleep on a fire ant hill or drink a mixture of and melted dark chocolate?" Alex asked me as Claire slept soundly. We had been playing this game for the past twenty minutes to pass the time, and so far it's been absolutely disgusting, yet hilarious at the same time. Nate contributed on occasions, but it was mainly just Alex and I playing the game. As much as I wanted to be asleep at this moment, talking to him gave me some kind of confidence. To what, I am not sure.

"Uh...I feel like the second option is better." I said with an uncertain shrugged. He nodded in agreement. "Would you rather kiss a rock or hug a complete stranger?"

He rubbed his fake beard in contemplation. "Hug a strange and hope they don't call the cops. "I wanted laughed at his addition, but restrained myself to a small, short giggle. "Would you rather stick your hand in fire or eat  only dirty toenail for a week?" I cringed at the visualization that appeared in my mind of both.

"I would much rather burn myself than eat toenails." I announced in disgust. "Would you rather date Claire or—" the sharp stop of the car interrupted me, the snap of the seat belt making me jerk back against the seat. While my heart pounded against my chest with fear, my whole life seeming to flash before my eyes.

...It seemed kind of dull, until you got to the part of me moving.

"Sorry!" Nate apologized quickly, before continuing to drive as if he hadn't just done that. "I thought I saw a dog crossing the road." It was perfectly lit outside, and no dog would ever walk onto the highway in the middle of a small snowstorm. But I didn't question him. Claire was wide awake now, her eyes as large as the moon.

"Idiot." Claire grumble, slapping Nathaniel's arm, before snuggling back into her seat and closing her eyes again. Why do I feel like something is going on between them?

"You were saying?" Alex asked to continue our game. I thought for a moment, but couldn't remember. I still heard my thumping heart, filled with post-panic from the thought that maybe we had crashed.

"Would you rather trip while the whole school watched you or eat flies as part of your daily diet?" I asked, making up different questions that I knew weren't the ones I intended to ask.

"I'd much rather embarrass myself, seeing as you manage to do it everyday." Alex joked. I frowned and poke my tongue out at him in annoyance. He laughed and shook his head. "Would you rather spill all your secrets or sit on a wasp's hive?"

"Wasp's hive." I answered without a thought. I wouldn't ever want to spill any my secrets. Especially not ones including my family. "Would you rather lick a porcupine or kiss the window of a public elementary school?"

"Ew, but I'd go with the window. Would you rather kick...me or Mikel?" I hesitated. Was both an option? Of course not!

"Difficult decision...but I'll go ahead and go with M—you." I decided.

"What? Now that's just mean." He said with a fake pout. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't fight the small smile that grew on my lips. My eyes started to grow heavy, probably because of that hot chocolat I had before we started the game of 'Would you rather'. I tried to fight off a yawn, but it escaped anyways.

"You tired?" Nate asked as Alex carefully covering a shivering Clair with one of the small blankets we had bought. I shook my head, although my lie was obvious.

"You have got to stop with the lying." Alex said with the sweet smile as he handed me a small blanket and a neck pillow, that he fished out from his bag. I reluctantly took the blanket and pillow, trying to show that I wasn't really tired. But, I was.

I covered myself with the blanket and held the neck pillow as a child would with a stuffed animal—just to be defiant, I guess—and rested my head gingerly on the window. The vibration from the car, quickly sent me to sleep, despite my claims of not being tiered.
_______________________________
Hey guys,
I know my chapters are getting shorter, but I still hope you enjoy the reading:)

"How the hell did you get the tomato soup to explode all over the stove?"

-Alex