05 | The Cold War

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
v. THE COLD WAR

╚══════════════════╝

1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Tony Stank !

Tony Stank
How's high school?

Tink
I hate you.

Tony Stank
That's the spirit, kiddo! :)

Tony Stank
Any updates?

Tink
Your kid's a nerd, and I'm
about to destroy all these
fools in dodgeball.

Tony Stank
Wait, what

Tony Stank
Riley pls don't hurt anyone

Tony Stank
Riley????

Tony Stank
Oh no.

○ ○ ○

  RILEY DESPISED HIGH SCHOOL. It was official. Plain and simple, high school was a ridiculous waste of time. The classes were tolerable, but she was half-convinced that the cafeteria ladies were trying to poison the students because of how annoying they could be. Plus, she always had homework and the teachers paraded around like they were Einstein! Don't get her wrong, she was a prodigy and she knew this was all for a mission, but honestly, Riley would've rather been studying with actual geniuses, like Dr. Bruce Banner for example.

   Still, that didn't mean she couldn't at least enjoy some aspects of it.

   Gym had strangely become one of her favorite classes. Perhaps it was because Riley was such an athletic person as it was, or maybe it was due to the fact that Riley actually had to use her brain in the majority of her classes and gym was the only exception. Whatever the reason was, Riley was more than stoked to play dodgeball in gym class.

  Riley sat on the scuffed-up gymnasium floor, tying her laces. To either side of her sat Peter Parker and Ned Leeds, her newest friends. See, Riley quickly learned that the reason why it was so easy to befriend them was because they didn't have many friends in the first place. Her mission was becoming easier and easier by the minute.

  If she was being honest, she enjoyed the company of Peter and Ned. They were so authentic and nerdy that it felt like they would've been friends under normal circumstances. Of course, Riley had to keep reminding herself that this was just a mission and they weren't really her friends, but it was the thought that counted.