36- Worried Buffy

SPIKE'S POV

I was finally glad to be back in bed recovering after Buffy saved me from the Holy Water infested room. She finally went downstairs to eat something after promising me to never lead my side again; I managed to convince her that she had to eat though. She won't speak about what happened, she won't even mention Giles' name, but to be fair he was under a spell, even someone as smart as Giles couldn't fight that. I could hear the quiet pitter patter of Jessica walking around the house, going to the kitchen to get blood and I swear I could hear the sharpening of wood coming from her room. I think right now Buffy is on high alert and does not want to trust anyone but me, I even heard her muttering when I was asleep that she thinks Jessica could be another spy. I knew Willow was working on a spell to cleanse everyone in case they are under any spells, so I'm sure Buffy will relax soon enough, but getting her to talk to Giles could be another problem.

I heard the door click and Buffy quietly crept back in with a sandwich; she sat on the floor next to the bed and quietly ate.

'You can eat downstairs you know' I told her rolling over to face her on the floor

'I'm fine' she replied

'I get you're upset Buffy but I am okay really, I just needed some rest after inhaling all that Holy Water'

'I'm not mad that you got hurt, I'm mad that he, Angelus, yet again, infiltrated our inner circle by using someone I trust very much' she retorted

'I know'

'I just don't get why he is still here! Why is he staying in Sunnydale just to torture me, it doesn't make any sense, what is his master plan?'

'Buffy' said a quiet voice from outside the room

'Yeah' Buffy replied

Jessica slowly poked her head around our bedroom door, 'I just got a call from the airport and my watcher has arrived, it's dark so I can go get him but can I borrow the car?'

'Ah yeah sure' Buffy replied hesitantly 'the keys are downstairs'

'Thanks' Jessica smiled exiting the room

'You worried about this watcher guy?' I asked Buffy noticing she'd stop eating her sandwich

'I mean yeah? Shouldn't I be? He says he's okay with his slayer being a vampire and he's here now? He can't stay here' she replied

'I'm worried too' I told her, I noticed the clock and told her Willow would be here soon to do the spell and that we should head downstairs.