"Appi," She cried on my shoulder, "he, he touched me, he--," She sobbed again. I wanted to kill Nasir so badly. I pulled away and said her wiping her tears, "I am going to take you out of here. We both are going to run away. OK." She nodded her head looking down.

•••

We both were running away from her house. Suddenly someone shouted, "Bride is running away with someone." I held Abida hand and ran fast. Abida stopped and gasped for the air. We were near a tube well who had too much water stored inside it.

I also stopped and turned towards her, "Come on before they catch us." I heard clapping and snapped my head towards the voice. Abba was standing with other few men behind him. Abida panicked and took steps backward.

"I think you didn't learn from that day," abba said looking at me. I fisted my hands and looked at him in anger. Nasir also stood beside abba and looked at Abida like she was some showpiece or a meat.

Abida was shaking in fear behind me. She took more steps back and ran near the tube well. I turned around and looked at her in shocked. She yelled, "I will never going to let his idiot touch me again. I will not," With this she jumped inside it.

I screamed her name and ran near the tube well but I didn't find her. Someone grabbed my hand. I turned around and saw abba grabbing my hand. I looked back at tube well to find her but her body was already drowned.

He pulled me with him and ordered other men, "Find her body and threw it in the jungle where the wild animals roam." I looked at abba with wide eyes and shouted, "How can you be so cruel? Let me go," I tried to free my hand but his grip was tight and he pulled me with him.

I was screaming at him on the way to let me go but he was not listening. When we reached home, he locked the doors and threw me on the floor. He came near me and held my face in his hand tightly, "I thought you have learnt the lesson but no. Now I have to show you a better lesson."

He squeezed my face tightly and left it with a jerk. He came back but this time with a knife. I looked at him with wide eyes. "This is the better way to teach you a better lesson," he said and stabbed me on my left shoulder.

I screamed in pain and my tears were streaming down. I tried my best not to scream or cry to please him but all in vain. He again stabbed me and my breath stuck when he rolled it again and again on my shoulder. The blood was dropping down from my shoulder like a river and it made me weak.

When he stabbed me last time I fell on the floor and didn't feel my body. My shoulder was screaming pain and my eyes were closing. I was slowly feeling numbed. My breath was coming short like someone grabbed my neck and squeezed it.

•••

I groaned and hissed in pain when I tried to move. I opened my eyes slowly and blinded severely times. I looked at my right side and saw amma was crying. Her face still had many buries.

I moved my left hand but again hissed in pain. "Don't move, my child," amma said. I sat up with great struggle and put my hand on my injured shoulder. I closed my eyes and whispered, "I tried to save her but--," I sobbed remembering Abida jumping in the tube well.

Amma hugged me and rubbed my back. "Don't cry, my child. It's our fate who is playing with us," amma whispered. "Tell me amma. Why? Why Allah always take good people from us? Why not He take bad people and end their life?" I asked wiping my tears.

She ran her fingers in my hairs and asked, "There is a garden and it has many flowers. Some are beautiful and some are most beautiful and some are looking a little beautiful. Which one will you choose first?"

I looked at her in confusion and said slowly, "The most beautiful ones." She wiped my tears with a smile and said, "Allah is also taking most beautiful people first. It's a good thing Abida is no more now so no one will hurt her."

I nodded my head and rest my head on amma shoulder. I made a decision that I was going to save all the girls and women of this village. If it cost my life then I would risk it happily.

.........

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

How are you doing?

About the chapter, feel free to curse here. I will not going to stop anyone.😅

Now the real story will going to start soon where you will see.... Oops... I am revealing the next chapter...😅😁

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote.💋

*hugging you all very tightly for supporting me*

And one more thing, Happy Independence Day to all the Pakistanis...🇵🇰

Spread love and peace...❤

Take care.
Till next time.

Allah Hafiz!