31

"Another fucking dead lead." Talisha growled while knocking the items off of the desk.

Natasha clenched her jaw.

"A year. An entire damn year of following false leads." Talisha said irritated. "We should honestly just stop. It's clear we aren't going to find him." Talisha said. Nat nodded. "Yeah, we've been dwelling on this for too long." Nat said. "He'll find us eventually. He always manages to find me." Talisha said. Natasha nodded. "Let's get out of here." She said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been a few weeks since Talisha and Natasha called operation find The Winter Soldier a quits. Talisha felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. It was exhausting. Having to constantly worry about finding him was taking a toll on her.

Talisha picked up her bottle of water and drank some as she jogged on the treadmill. Whenever she was not on a mission or training she was working out so she could maintain her fitness.

Talisha's phone rang and she picked it up, still running on the treadmill.

"Ali." She answered. "Agent Ali, we have a mission for you. You're needed in New York." Fury said over the phone. "I'll be there in five hours." Talisha said. "You have four." Fury said before hanging up.

Talisha took off the treadmill and grabbed her things. She walked out the gym and headed back to her apartment building. Once she got there she showered and changed into jeans, a shirt with a sweater and leather jacket. Talisha pulled on her heeled boots and grabbed her motorcycle keys and helmet before leaving her apartment.

She hit the rode and began her drive to New York City.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Talisha walked into Fury's office.

"Good you're here. Let's go." He said while leading her back out.

They went into the elevator and up to the medical wing. Fury led Talisha through the wing and into a room.

Her eyes widened when she caught sight of what was happening through the window.

"Is that who I think it is?" Talisha asked. "Yep. Been frozen for about 70 years." Fury said. "How is that even possible?" Talisha asked shocked. "My best guess is the serum." Fury said. "Where did they find him? Howard couldn't find his body when they were searching all those years ago." Talisha said. "Apparently the ice caps are always shifting. They found the plane he crashed into the arctic. His body was frozen in there." Fury said. "Holy shit." Talisha said in awe.

On a hospital bed was the Captain America. The world's first superhero. She learned up about him in high school and was inspired.

"What do we do?" Talisha asked. "Wait for him to wake up." Fury answered. "And when he does?" Talisha asked. "That's where you come in. I won't be sending you out on any field missions. Your mission is to get Captain Rogers back on his feet. Help him adjust to the new world." Fury explained.

Talisha nodded. She knew the task would be difficult but she was willing to take it.

"What has Coulson said about this whole thing?" She asked. "Oh he's ecstatic." Fury said causing her to smirk. "That poor man is going to have sign his trading cards." Talisha said. Fury smirked as they watched the doctors work on Steve Rogers. "Yes he is." Fury said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's been almost two weeks since you found him. And he hasn't woken up. Are you sure those doctors know what the hell they're talking about when they said he's in perfect health?" Talisha asked as she sat in the moving truck with fury and other agents. "Are you questioning the intelligence of my doctors?" Fury asked. "That's exactly what I'm doing." She said.

"All agents code 13." Talisha heard through her comm link. Her eyes widened. "Go!" Fury ordered.

The driver picked up speed and sped through the busy streets of New York.

"If I was on my bike I would've gotten to him sooner than this." Talisha muttered.

The driver stopped the truck. Talisha and Fury flew out the vehicle.

"At ease soldier." Fury said to a panicked Steve Rogers.

Steve had a look of confusion and fear on his face. Talisha felt bad for the man. Fury and Talisha approached him.

"Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly." Fury said. "Break what?" Steve asked.

His eyes glanced around him. He looked at Talisha and then back at Fury. Talisha stood still. Her face was straight and her hands were at her side.

"You've been asleep, Cap." Fury said. "That's one way to put it." Talisha mumbled quietly. "For almost 70 years." Fury continued ignoring the comment Talisha had made.

Steve's face contorted into a mixture of confusion, disbelief, sadness and pain.

"You gonna be okay?" Talisha asked. Steve was silent for a few seconds. "Yeah. Yeah I- I had a date."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MY BABY STEVE IS HERE !!!!!!