Six: Goodbyes and back to Argonda

AMARYLLIS' POV

I stood in front of Orodon and the animals, facing the place I had stayed in for the last few weeks. For sure I would miss this beautiful place but after my counselling session with Orodon, I came to my decision.

I would drop out of the magic academy and return back to Argonda to help Papa out. I could simply use the excuse that I was in shock to leave and people wouldn't question it.

Orodon moved forward, trapping me in a big bear hug. He buried his head in my hair and whispered. "I'll miss you Amar, there's no doubt about it. It won't be the same without your annoying presence here." I could feel my tear ducts leaking and from my head, I also figured out his were opening too.

Pulling away from his chest, I stared up into his eyes. "Come with us! You can bring the animals along and we can all live as one big happy--" Orodon placed his finger on my mouth, shushing me almost instantly.

"Once you find the place your heart belongs, you will never leave it. For most people, they find that place in others but for me, it's here. Here on this land with the creatures. I'm sure you understand this Amar... I've seen the way you look at a certain someone; I saw your reunion." He glanced behind me and a hot blush spread to my cheeks. I whacked him lightly on the chest, quietly scolding him for his words.

After one last hug and promises to visit, we boarded the carriage and started on our way. I leaned the upper half of my body out the window, waving wildly as their figures got smaller and smaller. Eventually, they disappeared completely and I slid back into the carriage with a loud sigh. I immediately noticed the others staring at me and in reply, I just shrugged.

The rest of the trip back to Argonda was quite the drag and most of the time, it was just spent chattering and them asking questions about where I'd been, what had happened etcetera, etcetera. At one point, I got so tired of their questioning I dozed off.

~~*~~

A few days into the trip, we finally reached the border of Argonda and the first royal property in Argonda (the one closest to the border). When we got there, a royal carriage and proper guard were waiting, there were even some maids and butlers along with a team of seamstresses!

"Papa, why did you bring along the seamstresses? I'm sure they have more important things to do with their time." I looked up at him, a tad confused.

"Princess, you always look gorgeous but I don't think the council and that witch would approve very much of you showing so much skin; they'd say it's unbefitting of royalty and honestly, right now, we need to be as royal as we can get or I'm afraid they'll gain more power. It'll be a slow fight to get it back but I think we can." He told me.

Oh.

Ohhhhhh...

Makes sense.

After agreeing, my father was quickly ushered out and the seamstresses started to work. With the blessing called magic (with Arty's help, I was able to contribute) they speedily made the dress in just under a day. Trying it on, I was kind of awed.

As always, the seamstresses managed to make something spectacular; it was a gorgeous floor-length white gown embroidered with rose gold thread that fell into pale purple ruffles down at the end. Over the top of the dress went a matching coat-like piece with gorgeous sheer sleeves that tumbled down to the lower part of the dress. Because of the transparent sleeves, one could see the ivory white elbow-high fingerless gloves underneath and the gold jewellery and gems they had put on to match. Like the dress, the overcoat had gold embroidery.

They had tied my hair into a rather simple high ponytail, letting the silver locks flow loosely down my back. They had also adorned my head with some beautiful ornaments, the centrepiece being a transparent white butterfly.

 They had also adorned my head with some beautiful ornaments, the centrepiece being a transparent white butterfly

^^^Ze dress (Oh my Lord its been so long since I've done one of these image inserts. lowkey missed it a lot)

Damn, I forgot what it's like to wear these dresses after enrolling in the academy. Most of the time (except when I was with Big Brother and Etti) I had been wearing more simple and comfortable clothes but I can't say I despised wearing this one.

When I stepped out of the house to the waiting carriages, Scorpio immediately rushed forward and offered her arm to help me down the stairs. I was honestly quite surprised by her quite modest attire which was the complete opposite of what she would normally wear. Of course, she wouldn't hide her biggest assets — quite literally —, the watermelons.

Aries appeared on my other side though he had returned to his adorable and fluffy sheep form; I never knew how much I could miss such a thing. 

The scene that played out next was quite hilarious; Papa made an attempt to get Scorpio to de-hand me and instead he would but she refused, glaring viciously at him. Big Brother had also made an attempt to get the zodiac away though, once again, it was futile. The others just stood by the carriages laughing.

Scorpio escorted me to the carriage, even giving me a hand up before following in behind me with Aries, turning around to glare at the others before taking a seat next to me. Aries hopped up onto my lap and I started to stroke him. 

Up into the carriage hopped my father and Lucian before the door shut behind them. I assumed the others would be travelling in Big Brother's carriage (he had brought along his big and fancy one too) or one provided by Papa.

With a blaring trumpet sound, we finally began the final stretch towards the capital and home.

~~*~~

I'd like to thank everyone for the support they've given me and to all those who were worried, I'm here informing you I'm feeling much better and happier now^^

And I know I haven't updated at all and I apologise for that but at the same time, I can't help it. I was just listening to some music when some inspiration hit me for this chapter. If anyone could find the reference and name it, I will dedicate the next chapter (even if it takes ten years) to you.

Honestly, I'm not used to writing in 1st person anymore.

Pretty boring chapter but I promise it's gonna get better soon. Some more interesting stuff should be popping its head up in the next few chappies.