Chapter-11

Mia's POV-

I am loving this country. I requested Mrs Sharma to take me on this celebration which is famous world wide. It is India's Republic Day and here we are. This family is so good. Christian was in no mood to come but I dragged him along!

I then heard Mrs Sharma talk to Smriti. I was so excited that I didn't hear the conversation but when I saw Smriti there wothin few seconds, I couldn't resist to ask.

" Mrs Sharma, why were you talking to Smriti over the phone when she is here?" I asked.

" No Mia, Smriti is in Mumbai right now. She just told me." She said.

I then pointed at a girl who looked like Smriti to me.

" Isn't that her?"I questioned.

This caught my brother's interest.

" Yes, it is Smriti. See, now this girl has started lying to me." Mrs Sharma said angrily.

I saw that Smriti has seen us and is trying to escape. Not so soon my dear sister-in-law!!

" Hey Smriti? What are you doing here and when did you get back?" I shouted from my seat.

All the colour on her face drained and she started walking towards us.

Christian's POV-

Why did she have to lie to everyone about her not being here?

I saw her coming towards us in a very timid way.

She was about to reach, when a man approached her.

They talked about something for good 5 minutes. Then that man started dragging her towards somewhere and she threw a look of apology to Mr Sharma.

How dare he?

But who the hell was he?

Not that I'm being jealous or something like that, but I am a very possessive man. If she has to be with me, then no one can claim any fucking right on her and that man fucking dragged her. I was fuming with anger.

Mia voiced my thoughts.

" Smriti is in danger! We have to save her. A man just dragged her somewhere!" She exclaimed.

" Don't worry Mia, it is her best friend Lakshya. They work together and she must be here with the Member of Parliament." Mr Sharma said.

" But what does she exactly do?" Mother asked.

Now this is what I am interested to know since Adam was unsuccessful to extract any information her her because the Indian Government has serious confidentiality on her profile.

" She works in the President's Office." Mr Sharma said. ( A/N- Smriti's dad lied.)

My uneducated Indian girl bubble has just bursted.

Mia knew what I was thinking as was smirking at me. I maintained a straight face.

The programme had begun.

Smriti's POV-

My bad luck is worse that what I had thought.  Mia saw me and exposed me. Now, I am dead as soon as I reach home.

I started walking towards then with fear because of the way mumma was looking at me.

Thank god Lakshya came and saved me.

" Smriti, Manish sir is calling you. Go quickly, I am going to the control room." He said.

" Let me go and talk to mumma first. She has seen me and I'll be dead when I reach home." I said.