Chapter 3

Layla's pov:

    I wake up and feel something soft and squishy under me. It feels so good. I roll over and mentally yap in happiness. Then I remember the guys and shot up, looking around panicky. A tall guy with short black hair, blue eyes, and a masculine body is sitting at a desk and looking at me. I get a little more panicky and back up a little and he puts his hands up and takes a step forward

    "It's okay, your okay, those men won't hurt you again." He says. I back up again and he takes another step forward and I growl. He puts his hands up to show that he means no harm and says.

    "Can you shift please? That way we can talk." I shake my head and panic a little. Bad things always happened when I shift to human form. He sighs and says.

    "I'm Xavier, I'm going to make it where we can talk through mind-link. You'll feel a slight pressure against your mind, that's me. You don't have to let me in if you don't want to." Right when he finishes, I feel a slight pressure, I hesitate for a second. Do I really want to talk to him? I decide that I do and let him in.

    Xavier? I ask. I hear him chuckle and he answers.

    Yes, that's me. What's your name? He asks.

    Layla, where am I? I ask.

    In my territory. He says. That doesn't help me, I know nothing about the werewolf world.

    What territory would that be? I ask.

    Midnight pack. I was still confused. Xavier, what's a pack? He looks at me, confused for a second.

    How long were you with them? He asks. I try to think if I've ever been away from them, but I can't remember.

    Ever since I was born, I think. He starts shaking and I can see the anger I his eyes. I whimper and back up. He sees this and his eyes change to an unfamiliar emotion. He sighs and says.

    I'm sorry, I'm not angry at you. I'm mad at those rogues. I sit down and just look at him. I will have someone come in here so you won't be lonely. He leaves the room and I explore the soft squishy thing. I go to the edge of it and look down. I gulp when i see that I'm high up, I back up from the edge and grab a soft squishy square and drag it to the corner closet to the wall and lay on it and wrap my tail around me. It's not long until the door opens and I jump. A woman with long brown hair and soft hazel eyes comes in with something that looks white and fluffy. She sees me on the bed and smiles.

    "Hi, I'm Louis, the king sent me to you. I'm gonna put these in the bathroom and come get you." She walks in front of the squishy thing and goes to a door that I didn't see before. I hear the water running and not long after, she comes out. She comes to me and I back away. She smiles slightly, but pauses and says.

    "It's okay, I won't hurt you, come here, it's okay." She says softly, she keeps trying to coax me out of my corner. I slowly start walking towards her and stop when I'm in front of her. She gently picks me up and brings me to the hidden room. She closes the door and sets me down. I look around and see a big rectangular thing that's taller than me even when I stand on my hind legs. I hear a chuckle behind me and turn my head around sharply. Louis looks at me and picks me up and puts me in the rectangle thingy. I see water in it and panic a little. Louis noticed and says.

    "It's okay, the water won't hurt you, I'm just going g to give you a bath." I relax a little and she places me down in the water. Right when she's about to put me down. I start to move my legs, getting ready to have to swim. She laughs and puts me the rest of the way down. I touch the bottom and the water reaches my neck. She gets a cup and dunks it in the water. She picks it back up and pours it on my head. I shake my head and get her a little wet. She laughs and says.

    "You are just the funniest thing I've seen." She grabs some blue stuff that's in a clear container and puts some in my head.

    "Now close your eyes and don't open them until I say." She says and I obey, I feel her hands on me and something cold, I hear a little bit of squishiness that I think is coming from me. I feel her running her hands along my back, stomach , legs, paws, and head. It feels so good and I relax more under her touch. She removes her hands and I hear something dunk in the water, not a second later I feel water on my head and I jump. I open my eyes and look at her. She laughs and says.

    "It's okay, I'm just rinsing you off." She says, she continues to dunk the cup in the water and poor it on my body, once I am completely rinsed off, she reaches over and flips a metal thing and the water starts to drain out. She grabs a fluffy thing and wraps it around my body and gets me out of the rectangle thingy. She says me down and starts to rub me with the fluffy thingy. It feels good and I start to purr, she chuckled and then stopped rubbing me. I immediately shake my fur out. She picks me up, goes out of the room, and sets me on the soft squishy thingy. I go to my corner and sit down, looking at her. She notices and says.

    "What do you want to do?" She asks me and I look at her quizzically. The guys never let me do anything, they would keep me in a cold room and I had a metal collar around my neck. It stayed there, unless Richard wanted to teach me 'lessons', and adjusted itself when I was forced into human form. I get pulled out of my thoughts by my stomach growling.

   "I'll have the cook bring you some broth." Louis says and leaves the room. I turn back to my thoughts, what is broth? All the guys let me eat was stale bread and dried meat, when they did let me eat anyways. Louis comes back with a small round thing with steam coming out of it. She gently places it on the bed and I walk over and sniff it. It smells good and looks a bit brown.

    "It's hot, so be careful." She says. I lean over and take a tentative lick, it tastes amazing, and I start to drink it faster, but my tongue gets burned and I quickly back up from it.

    "I told you it would be hot." Louis says. I go back to the bowl and take slower licks. I get about halfway done with the bowl before I'm full. I go back to my corner and sit down. Louis gets the bowl and looks in it.

    "You only ate half, how much did you eat where you where." She asks and I try to link her like Xavier did with me.

    Louis? I ask. She looked around, startled, before she looked back at me.

    Is that you fox?  She asked.

    Yes, and my name is Layla. I tell her.

    Are you gonna answer my question?

    Yes, I sigh, I was with six guys, Xavier called them rogues, as far as I know I've always been with them. I didn't eat unless they let me, sometimes I would go days without eating. The longest I've been without did was forty-five days. I tell her and she gasps.

    That's almost two months without food, no wonder your so skinny. She says and I curl into a ball. Don't worry, we'll get you to a healthy weight. Now good night. She says and takes the bowl and goes out of the room.

~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£~£

Hello people, I hope you are like g the book so far, school starts monday, I can't wait.

I'm weird I know, I'm the only kid that like s school.

Please vote and comment

~reni