C H A P T E R 44

Be resolutely and faithfully what you are; be humbly what you aspire to be.

London, England

"Is that her?" Brie asked showing me her phone.

I looked at the screen and see Zendaya's instagram photo.

Liked by thehumblest, hanakeng, laurenwalsh, and 1,382,972 others

crownprincesszendaya ready for my close up 📷

View all 7992 comments

"Yeah, that's her." I said.

"She's beautiful." She said.

"Yeah, she is." I said.

"Have you met her and her sister yet?" She asked.

"No, I've heard they been staying with Lizzie and Harry has gone over to get to know them." I replied.

"Why, hasn't he taken you with him?" She asked.

"I guess he isn't ready yet." I said.

"When will he be ready? Come on, Nicole, you guys are going to have kids soon and he hasn't even let you meet his kids that will be around yours soon." Brie said.

"Brie, I don't want to talk about this anymore." I said.

"I'm just saying there's no way I would be comfortable with him not including me in meeting his kids." She said.

"And that's why you're not me, Brie." I said.

"Whatever, Nicole." She said.

×

I was walking up to the courtyard when I saw Harry waving at a car goodbye. I walked up next to him.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"The girls, we just finished having lunch with William and Kate and their kids." He answered.

"Oh okay." I said.

"Yeah, so how was your day with Brie?" He asked.

I thought about telling him what Brie said but I didn't want to argue so I just kept it short.

"It was good." I said.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." He said.

"Yeah, I'm going to take a nap." I said turning towards the doors.

"I'll be in a meeting with granny." He said.

"For what?" I asked stopping and looking at him.

"Oh, about the girls. I want them to be able to come over anytime without problems and I'm thinking about giving them rooms here." He said.

"And you didn't think to talk to me about having them live with us?" I asked.

"I didn't think you would mind since they're my daughters." He said.

"And how do you even know that?" I asked.

He walked up to me. "Know what?" He asked.

"That they're your daughters? Come on, Harry don't you think its weird." I said.

"Weird? No. They're my daughters because we did a DNA test as soon as we found out. What you think they want something from me, Nicole?" He said.

"Maybe, I don't know if you had talk to me about things maybe I would have never thought of that." I said.

"Nicole, these are my daughters and I'm doing everything so that I can have a relationship with them and what could they want from me, huh, the throne? Well news flash, Zendaya is the first line for her mother's throne and Yara is already engaged to a future king so it has nothing to do with status or money or any ridiculous ideas you have running through your head. They just want to get to know me and I want the same. Just support and trust me, I know what I'm doing." He said getting to the car and driving off.

I stared at the car driving away and turned around in walked in to find Kate standing there.

"You heard everything didn't you?" I asked.

"No, if you didn't want me to hear anything." Kate said.

"So that means you heard everything then." I said.

"Yes, I did." She said.

"Was I wrong?" I asked.

"I understand where you were trying to come from but I also understand his point of view. Sit with me, Nicole." She said taking a seat in the living room and I followed her.

"What do you understand?" I asked.

"That as a man who just found out he has two young adult daughters, he has to learn a lot in a short period of time and know that maybe they're not comfortable to be around certain people yet. But I also understand as a wife who is pregnant with what she thought would his first children then and not being introduced to his daughters and having no idea what's going on with him. Nicole, this is a difficult situation but you have to think about it this way, as if Harry and you first dating, would you have want to meet his kids right away or wait until you actually think it's serious enough for you to want to be around them?" She said.

"I would want to wait." I said.

"Okay, that's what he's doing even though he's already married to you but he wants to know them before pushing them into your life and possibly make you feel uncomfortable." She said.

"Kate, I have step-sisters, I understand but I would never feel uncomfortable with his daughters. I just want to be included in what's happening around me." I said.

"Well then, Nicole, that's when you step in. He said he was thinking about giving them rooms in your house, right?" She said.

"Yes." I said.

"Then you don't you make rooms for them so he can know how much you're comfortable and supportive you are." She said.

"That's a good idea, Kate." I said.

"I know." She said.