9. The Aftermath

y'all omg thank you so much for all the reads😭 i hope you guys are enjoying it so far!
-
i opened my eyes to confusion, but then i remembered i was in flacka's older brother's room. next to me was kayla, who was laying on her back, staring at the ceiling.

"how long have you been up?" i asked
"long enough to forget how long" she said quietly.

i grabbed her arm and led her to the bathroom. we brushed our teeth and washed our faces using flacka's fancy soaps.

we walked into flacka's room in which flacka and zaniyah slept on the bed and malani shared an air mattress with aaliyah.

"let's wake them up" i whispered
"no" said kayla, grabbing my hand. "let's go eat."

i obeyed her wish and followed her downstairs and into flacka's kitchen, where her mom was preparing some food.
"hi girls"  she said
"good morning" we said in unison
"how was the party?"
"it was okay" i shrugged "nothing more  nothing less"
"no drugs?"
"never that" i said
"what about you kayla?" she asked while zipping her lunchbox "why are you so quiet"
"nothing miss, i'm just hungry"
"well there's bread in the pantry, cereal on top of the fridge. this is your house too" she said as she headed towards the door. "tell shanti to call me when she gets up. ok?"
i nodded.
"bye girls" she said and then headed out the door.

me and kayla said across from each other on table, but i quickly stood up to pour myself some cereal.
"whatchu want?" i asked
"honey nut cheerios" said kayla. i turned around and winked at her. she giggled and rolled her eyes. at least i made her laugh.

me and kayla sat in silence eating our cereal. she reached over the charger and plugged in her dead phone.
"have you checked it since last night?" i asked
"nah" she said "i'm mad scared though. did you tell anyone what happened?"
"well tay saw you crying, but i didn't tell him. i did text aaliyah to tell the girls though. i don't know if she did"
"ok. please don't tell the boys, i don't want to start drama with them"
"girl why would that cause drama between y'all? they love you"
"exactly. it might cause drama between them and jermaine".

that caused me to roll my eyes.
"girl the last thing on your mind should be that nigga feelings. he obv-" i was interrupted by flacka and zaniyah running to kayla, and i think that it was for the greater good because i was gonna say some real nasty things about that motherfucker.

"kaylaaaa" said zaniyah. they hugged her and kissed her all over
"are you ok?" asked flacka
"not really" said kayla "your mom said to call her when you woke up"
"yeah sure whatever" said flacka, walking over to get a plate. "i'll call her after we talk. because we have to talk. liyah and malani are brushing their teeth right now and when they come down, we're gonna talk"

zaniyah took a seat next to kayla and grabbed her hands.
"you lied to me kayla. why did you lie to me?"
as soon as those words left zaniyah's mouth, kayla broke down crying on zaniyah's chest.
"i'm so sorry". she kept repeating
"shh baby it's okay" said zaniyah, and i noticed tears were running down her face as well.
"kayla, nothing about this situation is your fault. you don't have to apologize for shit? you heard me?" said flacka, staring kayla straight in the eye. kayla nodded
"nah i want you to say it" said flacka "say yurrrrr"
kayla smiled and quietly said "yurrrr"
"louder"
"yurrr" said kayla in her regular voice. flacka gave her a kiss on the cheek
"now stop crying baby, he's not worth it"

i reached across the table and tried to wipe kayla's tears off her face.
"you too zaniyah, stop crying" i said, wiping her tears as well.

kayla pulled her head neck from zaniyah's chest.
"girl why are you crying?" she asked
"i don't know" answered zaniyah, wiping tears "i just don't like to see you upset"
their moment was interrupted by malani and aaliyah running towards kayla and showering her in hugs and kisses.