Chapter 3

I'm pulled into the RV and sit on the seat in the far back. I want to be far away from everyone. I don't want to be here. I hear the door open and Negan walks in holding Rick. I gasp and stand to my feet. Rick is like a father or uncle to me. He's the strongest male figure I've had in my life since my dad decided to leave my mother and I when I was a baby. Well, I used to feel that way about Negan but this is a new world now. And to me he feels like nothing but a stranger. "Rick." I say under my breath and go to hug him. I need comfort and I need to feel safe. I was the third youngest of the group next to Carl and Judith of course. I'm 19 years old and although I'm no child, I find myself very vulnerable right now. I wrap my arms around Rick tight. He is surprised at first and awkward but I know he needed it too.

"There will be none of this fucking sentimental bullshit in here." Negan spits out separating Rick and I.

"You don't have to take her. We can work something out." He tried to negotiate but is shut down quickly.
"You don't know Brooke like I do. I know what's best for her. Trust me Rick, I mean can you even protect your own fucking kid? You obviously can't lead your own God damn group to safety."

"Negan-" I cut in.

"Enough! This is no fucking time to argue with
Me. My decision is final. Now Ricky and I have some damn matters to discuss so why don't you go find somewhere to make yourself comfortable while the adults talk." He says smacking Rick on the shoulder. I take that as him wanting privacy so I give one last shy wave to Rick. I see a walk in closet area, the only place 'private' and look at Negan. He gestures his head towards the closet as I get into it shutting the door. I'm exhausted from running and emotionally exhausted from the fall of Glenn and Abraham. Part of me wants to cry and part of me wants to sleep to forget. I stare into the darkness replaying the events over and over as hot tears slip down my face. I doze in and out not getting much sleep. The closet door opens and standing in front of me is Negan.

"Time to go sunshine." He says as I can feel my stomach twisting into knots. Where would he take me?

He held out a hand for me to grab as I declined it by getting up myself. He swings his arm around my shoulder as if we are the best of pals. "Well it's gonna be a long drive back and it seems we have plenty of catching up to do my dear."

The idea of talking to him makes me sick to my stomach. I can feel my stomach doing flips as he leads me to a seat next to him. "So Rookie, long time no see." He smirks. "So tell me all about what happened when shit hit the fan." He continues as I stare at him like a deer in headlights.

"I get it- it's been a long day for me too. Believe me. Smashing peoples heads in isn't as easy as it looks." He jokes, how could he joke at a time like this.
"Too soon?" He asks as a tear slips from my eye at the mention of what happened to Glenn and Abraham.

"Was the joke THAT bad?" He teases but I can't bare to look his way.

"Listen I know what you're thinking-"
For some reason I feel my blood boiling as he says that. I begin to see red.

"Do you! Do you really Negan? Do you really 'get it' do you REALLY know what I'm thinking! No, you don't. You didn't just have to witness two of your best friends get beaten and killed senselessly. You didn't have to get ripped from the only home you know and from the only people who give two shits about you. And you want to know what I'm thinking Negan? Do you really want to know? I'm wondering what I did so wrong in my life to get stuck in an RV WITH YOU!" I'm screaming at this point, anger spewing. But all he can do is watch in amusement.
"Wow, does Rick have you wrapped around his small dick that much?"

"Excuse me?"

"If you think I'm the only bad guy, you're the one who doesn't get it darlin' you're the one who doesn't understand. You should be thanking me."

"Thanking you!"

"Yes thanking me for getting you out of such an unstable group like that! Come on! Rick is like putty in my hands now, my submissive bitch. He's no leader." He laughs.

"You don't know him." Is all I can say, my blue eyes glossing over.

"You're gonna like it where I'm taking you. Sure it's gonna be an adjustment period but once you are, you're gonna love it. You'll forget all about Pricky Ricky and his little army of pussies soon enough. Trust me Brooke, I'm not planning to hurt you. I'm gonna show you what surviving and success really are. Something Rick has never had a taste of." Negan explains.

He's wrong. I'm not going to forget them and I'm going to get back to them. I just need to be strategic about it, I need to find a weakness in Negan I need to go along with it, earn his trust and then I can get out of this. Then I can escape.

"I hope you're right. I hope I like it there." Is all I can say while biting my tongue.

"You will." Negan beams at me, his smile still as bright as it used to be.

"I'm gonna take good care of you Brooke."