Welcome one and all to the arena. Are you ready to prove your worth? We're looking for the best of the best, a writer who can put all others to shame. We want this guy:
Not this guy:
Over the course of this competition, your book will be read by judges who have been deemed knowledgeable enough to pass a verdict. There will be three rounds.
Round One entries will be vetted based on grammar. Verb tense changes, frequent misspellings, and improper use of punctuation will be your downfall.
Round Two entries will be vetted based on if they were able to hold the judges' interest. Round Two entrants will see comments left by the judges on what they enjoyed and what could be improved.
Round Three entries will be narrowed further by elements such as plot, world-building, character development, voice, and originality. There can only be one winner, and that winner will be declared Thor's Champion.
Entrants who make it into Round Two will receive comments by judges on however many chapters are read (judges will read until they lose interest)
Entrants who make it into Round Three will receive comments on all of their chapters, as judges will read Round Three entries to completion
Thor's Champion will receive a shoutout from this account, an addition to our reading list Elysium: Immortal Works (for contest winners only), a graphic of their choice, and a review in Siren Song.
Pretty sweet pot, right?
Good! Here are the rules.
1. To qualify, your book must contain a mythological element (mythological gods, monsters, magic, heroes, legends, or retellings). If you aren't sure whether you qualify, feel free to ask!
2. Your book must have at least three chapters. They can be split up, and prologues count, but three chapters is the minimum.
3. You must follow the judges. The judge list will be posted soon, and entrants will have one week to follow all the judges or they will be disqualified from the competition.
4. You must follow this account and add this book to your library. This ensures that you won't miss any updates and will be able to keep up with the deadlines.
5. Books must have a plot. We do not accept mythological smut. Fanfiction is allowed, but again, a plot is required. Basically, if your book is just two gods doing it, you don't qualify.
What makes your book a Mythological Read?:
Tag two people:
Entries close August 1st. May the gods have favor on you.
YOU ARE READING
Thor's Champion: A Competition [CLOSED]Random
The gods have sent out the call. They are in need of a mortal to fight alongside them and battle the darkness that encroaches upon our worlds. Do you have what it takes to be their champion?