5. Again

Itachi was going again. Sakura dreaded every time their leader called on him for missions, cutting her time with him short. Lying on her stomach, she watched him move through the darkness of the A.M to find his uniform and collect the katana she had bought him two years ago.

She was fond of her memories with Itachi, even if they were the only solid memories she had of anyone in her life. she remembered waking up with her mind a blank slate in an unrecognisable hospital, surrounded by unrecognisable faces, and though his was the scariest, she found comfort in him somehow.

Nobody knew who she was, or where she came from -- only that she had most definitely been a shinobi since she had been found near-death after a battle -- and Amegakure's leader had been kind enough to take her in. Her mind had been probed to see if she was, after all, a spy but there was nothing emptiness within her skull.

She most definitely had no recollection of who she was prior to her injuries.

And so her new life started. Leader-sama was very generous in allowing her to re-explore her abilities through muscle memory and found her monstrous strength to be a very beneficial power in his village so he didn't mind if she wanted to stay forever.

She did want to stay forever. Konan became one of her good friends, and she never really met the rest of the S-Rank criminals who worked under their leader but she didn't mind.

She participated in the village's jonin exams and was promoted almost immediately after she had obliterated the entire arena, leaving herself as the only conscious participant. One of her real missions was with Itachi who, surprisingly, led the team. It had been a one off for him.

He ordered her to conceal her pink hair, and she told him to get fucked. It was a start to a beautiful relationship between captain and subordinate that Sakura found made her heart race at the tabooness.

Before she knew it, she became a gennin sensei -- of her own acord -- and married the Uchiha, becoming the renamed Uchiha Sakura. But it wasn't common knowledge. Itachi and Sakura didn't have a wedding, deciding to just put it on paper and then keep it to themselves. After all, Itachi had enemies and he'd sooner die than let them know of her existence.

"What's that face?" Itachi asked, amused.

"What face? I'm not making a face," she replied, even though she was.

He crossed the room, much to her satisfaction, and cupped her cheeks. Placing a light kiss on her forehead, he caressed her cheek with his thumb and then reached over her for his robe.

She huffed in irritation. That was what she wanted. She didn't want him to kiss her there, she'd prefer it somewhere else.

"You're making that face again," he mused after a moment.

"I'm just going to miss you."

"I'll miss you, too."

"Don't die out there or I'll kill you myself," she promised. "With my bare hands."

"Aa," he smiled, "I won't die."

She rose to her knees and wound her arms around his back, lying her face on his shoulder. "Kick some ass, or I'll kick Hoshigaki's ass."

Itachi had to let out a snort of laughter. "What does Kisame-san have to do with this?" he chuckled.

"Well if he allows you to get hurt, he'll face the consequences," she chirruped, and his chest rumbled with amusement. That would be a showdown he wouldn't mind witnessing. "When you get back, I was thinking I might just go off duty to have you all to myself."

"What about your team?"

"I'm sure they can preoccupy themselves for two days. Besides, Leader-sama is due to give me a break! I've been busting my ass in that hospital," Sakura informed.

The Uchiha smirked. Though their leader was a formidable foe, he almost caved to anything Sakura requested -- mostly because he didn't want to deal with that temper of hers. Though she could probably argue her way, Sakura never pushed boundaries too much. No matter how much she wished more time with Itachi, she understood why things were the way they were.

She wouldn't have married him without being fine with it.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when the pleasant feeling of her tongue on his neck caught him unaware.

"We still have twenty minutes before you have to leave, anata..."

Maa, her sex drive was incredible. Itachi couldn't get enough. He spun around and pinned her arms above her head. Her eyes widened in surprise but it was a fleeting moment before her eyelids slid down and she wrapped her legs around his waist, taunting him.

"It seems you are correct." He leaned down to capture her lips.