Strange

Please comment what you feel about this chapter.
____________________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Khanna Mansion, 7:00pm.

Avni is looking around the room while sitting on the bed, her eyes land on Neil's side of the bed (which he rarely uses). She feels strange as Neil has never left her for this long since they got married.

She gets up feeling uncomfortable and walks over to the door, she moves to grab the door handle but the door opens at the same time and Ahana appears at the door. She walks in folding her arms and glaring at her, she continues walking making Avni back away at the same time.

When she stops, Avni speaks up " what is it Ahana? " Avni said in the most uninterested way.

" You know why I'm here Avni" Ahana says still folding her arms

"Honestly, I don't. So would you mind explaining" Avni says

" No I won't mind" Ahana says " but right after I sit down" she moves to the couch and sits and Avni settles down next to her.

" Avni, why were you behaving strange this morning" Ahana faces her " Neil said he was leaving and you were behaving as if you didn't care when it was clear that you did. Are you trying to prove something? "

" Prove what? What are you talking about? " Avni says

" I don't know...Maybe prove that you don't care, that it doesn't matter if he leaves or not" Ahana makes gestures with her hand " Avni...you didn't even look at him, what was wrong with you?"

" Ahana I really don't see why you're making a big deal out of this, he's just going for a few months, it's not like he's going forever. He'll be back before we know it" Avni says and leans back into the couch

" OK, I know that. But you could have at least said bye or something, everybody did. But since you don't want to listen, you can do what you want. But don't come to me when you realize what you did" Ahana gets up from the couch and Avni huffs and mumbles unclear words.

" Anyway, my Parents came while you were out. They asked me a lot of questions and I caught up with them and then I asked if I could stay here for some more time and they said yes"

" that's great" Avni exclaims

" I think I'll leave after Neil comes back"

" oh ok" she smiles

" I'm leaving now, bye" Ahana smiles and closes the door.

Meanwhile,

In a hotel in Kerala

About 10 minutes ago, Neil got back from work but instead of resting, he's actually doing more work on his laptop. It seems the mission is really important but Neil's mind isn't even focused on his work but on something unusual, his phone.

He moves to the window breaking his 5 minutes stare at his phone. He sits on the window and debates weather to call Avni or not.

"...if I call her now, I'll seem too desperate. No, I don't want that. But...But if call her tomorrow, she'll feel that I don't care and that's is the complete opposite of what I feel right now" Neil talks to himself.

" if I don't call her at all, then..then I don't know what she'll think cause I don't want what happened this morning to happen again, I mean she didn't even say bye" Neil runs his hand through his hair in frustration, nervousness and sadness.

He looks at the moon " Maybe she isn't even thinking of me right now, or maybe she didn't even think of me today" he feels this wave of sadness hit him, and it's really strange because it takes a lot to make him feel this sad.