ShadAmy Chapter 3- Rouge's Phone Call

You have reached Space Colony ARK. No one is available to answer the phone at the moment, please leave your name number and a brief message and someone will return your call a.s.a.p thank you. 'Beep!'

"Shadow, pick up. I know you're there. It's me Rouge. Shadow. Shadow! *sigh*… Well alright, listen Amy came by wanting to see you. She said to come see her when your feeling better. And I'm kinda worried as well... you better not do anything stupid."

Shadow was listening next to the phone and finally picked it up, "As if stupidity could have any effect on me."

"Shadow!" Rouge said in relief.

"Why would you be worried? What could I do to honestly worry anybody?" He asked sarcastically.

"Hey, just because your immortal doesn't mean your Jesus okay."

"Hmph, I didn't say that."

"I just don't want you like going all emo or something. Don't hurt yourself or drink to much." She said.

"Right right, the usual." He said looking at the message button blinking on the phone base and thought about erasing it.

"Is that a 'right' as in 'what ever your not my parent' or a 'right' as in 'okay you wont do anything stupid'?" She asked aggravated.

"Can I hear my options again?"

"Shadow don't be such a smart ass." she scowled.

"Amy really came by looking for me?" He asked letting up on the game.

"Yes. She was going to apologize for last night, and wanted to stay and talk with you."

"Oh..." He set down on the sofa in the main lobby and stood quite for a moment.

"Are you alright Shadow?" She asked with the silence.

She heard him sigh and awaited a little longer until he answered, "I don't know. What if she doesn't like me like I like her? Then what do I do?"

"Oh Shadow what are you 14?"

"No... I'm serious! Then what, I'd feel so... so, so rejected-"

"I know Shadow I know. You took a big chance that night, and I'm kinda proud of you."

He stood quite.

"You don't speak your mind to almost no one and when you do they should cherish it, I can't believe she did that."

"Eh, what's on my mind isn't really important." He said softly sounding down again.

"Well important or not, I think the things you talk about with me are valuable and a lot of sense." She said.

"Well thanks, I guess." He sighed.

"Your welcome, but really you don't need to thank me for your great mind." She said with a slight giggle.

"So if this was happening to you... what would you put into action?" he asked rubbing his eyes and curled up on the couch.

"Me? Hmm... I would have, a back up plan." She said simply.

"A wha?"

"A back up plan." She said again.

"Example?" He asked.

"Well lets say, I wanted to tell Knuckles how much I love him, but he doesn't care. I'd have someone to fall back on. That way I don't feel completely unloved." She explained.

"And who might the back up be?" He asked a tone as if he was getting close to discovering a hidden truth.

"Well, uh... I-I don't know. I don't need one, so I don't have one. That was only an example." She said trailing off at the end.

"Uh hu... okay."

"What?" she asked.

"Oh Rouge please. Since when do we not tell an example all the way threw?" He said slyly and a smile came across his tan muzzle.

"Since right now. I don't know what your getting at Shadow, I think you had a few drinks and they're playing with your head."

"No no. I think your hiding something." he said with a chuckle.

"Hiding? No I don't have anything to hide." She said getting angry.

"No? Maybe you don't, it's just that obvious to see." he shot trying to dig up a confession.

"You're one notch above tipsy, and above pissing me off. Good night Shadow. Don't forget to see your stupid girl friend." She growled her face flushing hot and her ears pressed back.

"Hey!" He yelled, but she hung up the phone.

---TBC

((Omg I just realized that on my other sight where i've posted this, the chapters are all out of order! I'm sorry!! I'll try to place the chapters in order as best as i can!! thanx for your reads and votes!))