Chapter 5 - Time to Get Started.

Fall's End. A small cluster of buildings surrounded by wildlife. I'm sure it would have been peaceful before Eden's Gate reared their ugly head. Smoke billowing from two building as I drew nearer. I stopped on the side of the road as Dutch began to talk to me via the radio.

"Kid, be careful as you get near Fall's End. Cult has control of the whole town. You need to rescue Mary and Jerome, and then kick those Peggies right in the balls. Dutch out." I shook my head, smiling.

Oh Dutch, such a wordsmith. Boomer and I began to walk towards Fall's End, trying to keep as close to the ground as we could. The Peggies began to run towards me. They must have heard the car's engine or been told I was on my way. I couldn't waste time, I had to free Jerome and Mary. Aiming my shotgun, I ran forwards, blasting a Peggie down. Another Peggie ran down the road towards us, Boomer charging at him as I pulled my pistol out, finishing the downed Peggie. I ducked behind cover as a hail of gunfire was directed at me. I peaked over the pallet and saw a red propane tank next to two Peggies. Perfect. I told Boomer to attack the Peggie shooting at me, whilst I looked around for any more Peggies. Once I heard the cry of the Peggie I sent Boomer after, I jumped up and shot the tank, sending the two Peggies flying. I ran forwards, into the smoke. My gun at the ready to shoot any more hostiles. Two more Peggies charged at me from either side, one covered in Bliss. I shot the Peggie to my left and turned on the balls of my feet, ready to shoot the other. But I was too slow. The Blissed Peggie sent two bullets whizzing at me, one hitting me in my left arm and the other hitting me in my lower left leg. Sharp, stinging pain shot through me as I raised my other hand to cradle my injured arm, my weight shifting onto my good leg. I heard Boomer whine before growling and launching through the air at my attacker, charging forwards to rip into the Peggie that harmed me. I looked to see the Peggie aim at me once again, ready to finally kill me. A gunshot rang out as the Peggie toppled over. I looked over to where the gunshot came from, a pained smile graced my lips.

"Hey Rook, looks like we showed up just in time." Jim laughed, Jake stood behind him. I smiled. Standing up straight, I walked over to them, hiding my injuries from them.

"Great to see you guys. Where were you? I sent you two on ahead, you should have been here before me." I asked.

"When we got here, we scoped the place out. We were watching them, looking for the perfect time to strike before you came. Looks like you got hit." Jake explained, pointing to a patch of blood on my arm. I looked at my injury before turning back to them.

"It's just a scratch, I'm fine." I brushed them off, walking away. "Don't suppose you know where Mary or Jerome are, do you?"

"I think we have more pressing matters than finding them," Jim said, pointing into the sky. An aeroplane came flying towards us, firing a stream of bullets at us. We dodged out of the way, rolling into cover. I clutched my leg and arm as the pain increased tenfold.

"Jim, Jake! Get onto the roofs and take the plane out. I saw some machine gun turrets up there!" I shouted, looking at them as they ran to the roofs. Boomer came bounding over to me and whines. I stroked his head as I opened his satchel. I grabbed a roll of bandages and my knife out of the satchel, binding my wounded leg and arm. Putting them back in the satchel, I made Boomer stay in cover. I couldn't lose him. Running out, I began to climb up another roof and ran to a turret. I watched as Jim and Jake began firing at the plane as it passed over us. I quickly joined in, ignoring the pain my arm was subjected to due to the guns recoil jostling my arm. The plane soon went up in flames, crashing outside of Fall's End, before exploding. Cheering at our victory, we climbed down and began to search the town, looking for survivors and any injured people. Freeing citizens, we began to clear up the Peggie's things, taking down and burning the many flags that flew around the town. We pulled the boards from buildings, including the pub The Spread Eagle. Now that had people cheering!