Chapter 39 "Let's made it up as we go"

“You’re too noisy” Louis whispered as we walked downstairs, he was using his phone as a flashlight, still he continuously stepped on my foot.

“Well maybe if you stopped stabbing my feet…”

Finally we were out the house, closing the door as quietly as I could I chased after Louis who was standing besides the car holding the passenger door like an idiot, an obnoxious cute idiot.

“So? Where are you taking me?” I asked him after he drove away from the house.

“You’ll see” 

“You’re not going to try to pull off a “mysterious dark personality” to seduce me, are you? I don’t think you could pull that off” I teased him.

“Why? I don’t need to pull anything off, Alex dear you’re driving to god knows where in the middle of the night, I think we’re past the seducing part already” He half joked in that kind of jerky way only he could pull off without making me want to smack him.

“Oh, shut up before I make you”

“Should I pull aside to let you?” He replied arching a brow, I blushed but couldn’t hold it and we both ended up laughing

 “Stop it! Why the hell am I laughing? You’re corrupting me!”

“Oh, like you were so innocent to begin with it” He replied voice filled with sarcasm.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“You know, what the boys call you” He paused for a moment taunting me “Oh that’s right you wouldn’t know since they do it when you’re not around”

“What do they call me?” He was trying to annoy me but it wasn’t working, I was curious more than anything.

 “La diabla” The devil? Mmm it has a nice ring to it I’ll give them that.

“Niall really needs to stop watching soap operas” I replied rolling my eyes.

After a while of driving around we finally were at a small park, even from the parking lot I could see a trail that lead to the woods, A group of guys going through that angsty teen phase were smoking by the swings, and two girls were sitting in a bench.

“We used to come here all the time, me, mom dad and Lottie” Louis explains as he holds the door open for me.

“And then?”

“They divorced and mom began to work extra hours, I took Lottie to the park close to the house thought it’s not nearly as cool as this one” I look around, there’s nothing that made this park that special, the swings looked too old and the grass was more of a brownish shade than a green one.

“Not for this silly” Louis says following my gaze, he takes my hand and guides me to the woods.

“Umm Lou, this usually doesn’t end good for the couple… you know in those murder movies”

“There hasn’t been a murder in like decades, bear attacks on the other side… ” I freeze.

“Be-bears?” He laughs and cages me between his arms.

“I’m just messing with you”

“I knew that” he looks at me with the “sure you did” look but doesn’t say anything.  I’m too afraid to be able to enjoy the walk, I don’t like the dark and I sure as hell don’t like walking in the dark through the woods, the flashlight I keep pointing at everything only makes it creepier.

“I want to go back” I finally say, I don’t even care if he will tease me anymore.

“Alex…”