Part 9

Aurther's mind was racing. He walked over and picked up the sward before he even knew what he was doing. He raced over to Merlin sward raised, he heard the cries from the knights for him to stop, but they were at the back of his mind, he barely realized he was moving, until he finally reached Merlin. He didn't get into any sort of defensive position, he stood there. Aurther brought the sward down.

He seemed to either realize what he was doing at the last moment, or changed his mind, which one, Aurther wasn't sure. The sward strayed from its original path, but made a deep gash on Merlin's shoulder and down his arm. Merlin flinched harshly, but otherwise made no movement or sound. Aurther looked at the blood soaked sleeve with horror. He did this.

He hurt Merlin. Merlin, who had always been there. Merlin who had always helped with his speeches. Merlin who drank POISON, for him.

Merlin, who was a sorcerer.

Aurther dropped the sward in shock of what he just did, or thinking of what he was about to, he wasn't sure. Merlin passed out from the pain and blood-loss.

A\N: I'm evil I know, please don't murder me! Merlin's got enough to deal with already without me, but I gotta torture him a little for the sake of the story, you can understand this...right??