Wild Tree Baby Appears!

Me: I'm sending good vibes your way. They're coming. There's nothing you can do to stop them.

You: That's the most threatening way I've ever been cheered up.

Anon

Tripe update 'cause it's my birthday :D Special birthday wishes for all my fellow July babies and Cancer buddies.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Warning: This story has no place for logic.

( 。◕‿‿◕。)

I scratched at my suddenly itchy forehead, feeling vaguely annoyed.

Well, maybe a teeny tiny more than vaguely annoyed.

"It happens," Kakashi tried in vain to soothe me.

"It doesn't happen," I disagreed. "Name one other time it's happened."

"I've—"

"I haven't officially asked you, so you can't include yourself," I retorted with a huff, scratching furiously at my forehead.

"You're going to make yourself bleed," Kakashi pointed out.

With great reluctance I forced my hand back to my side, trying (and failing) to ignore the intense burning itch on my forehead.

"Maybe he'll come around," Kakashi tried again to comfort me.

"Who would reject a formal invitation to join my harem after I've saved their life? And everyone they love. And restored their country and culture! Who does that?! Rude people, that's who!"

Kakashi gave me a pitying look.

"Stop," I ordered him. "You do not get to pity me, mister Perfect-Ass."

The look went on and my glare turned into a smolder. "Y'know, if you really wanna cheer me up..."

Oh, sweet, beautiful glare, how I have missed you. Kakashi abruptly took off ahead of me, choosing not to respond to my hilarious flirtations.

The trip back home was silent.

( 。◕‿‿◕。)

I wiped the grave clean, then dipped my towel into the soapy bucket. I pulled it back out and wiped more firmly against Mikoto's grave, doing my best to get a shine out of it.

Brightheart rolled over onto her back, her eyes closed as she basked in the sunlight beside me.

A couple days after Kakashi and I had returned from our latest mission and I we were placed on temporary standby. Tsunade said that Jiraiya would be coming into town soon, which meant it would soon be time for our super important meeting.

So, to bide my time, I went ahead and started cleaning up the Uchiha District.

Since the massacre the whole district had been kept pretty empty. All the furniture and personal belongings were cleared out except for Sasuke's family home.

No one had moved in.

It's not that there were blood stains everywhere, or it had a bad feeling to it. Frankly I don't think some people would really care about what it used to be.

It's simply that everything went to Sasuke, per Clan Laws.

And Sasuke didn't have the heart to open everything up for sale.