-33-

S3

- Chapter 33 -
Eye for an Eye

- Chapter 33 -Eye for an Eye

When the elevator comes to a stop on the floor for my Love, Garnet office in the Manhattan building I smile as the doors open

When the elevator comes to a stop on the floor for my Love, Garnet office in the Manhattan building I smile as the doors open. It felt good to be back here after months of renovating due to it being destroyed and ransacked. I didn't plan on it taking this long, but instead of just fixing the things that were messed up I had my whole entire floor redone for a fresh, new start.

I step off of the elevator as my Stuart Weitzman boots click against the brand new, white marble floors. Everything was sleek, clean, and modern like I wanted with neutral colors such as grey, white, and black with a pop of red. The Love, Garnet neon sign hanging on the wall is on as am indicator that business is back in action. It was nice to see the office busy again after my employees had to work from home for awhile.

Despite the office being out of order for the time being my business never stopped. I just didn't have a stable place to have meetings. It's the afternoon and I returned back to my office after a brunch date with a new client. My biggest fear was that people wouldn't want to work with me after being in the blogs so much. First my status was outted, the overall drama with my ex, and on top of that my friend was shot at my birthday party. Right about now I was the poster child for scandal and it was not a good look.

Luckily, people put all that to the side and still wanted to work with me. Regardless of the streak of bad luck people couldn't discredit my business savvy or work ethic. My business will always comes first. Now at the top of the year I was ready to be at the top of my game as I start fresh with a new batch of clients I intended to make rich and famous.

I stop at my assistants desk sitting my white Chanel purse on the edge of it. "Did I miss any calls?" I ask as I pull my long, wool coat from off my body now that I'm inside.

My assistant gets up from her desk walking around it. "Yes, a couple. Your lawyer called and said to call him back as well as your real estate agent, Jordan," she says taking my jacket from me draping it over her arm. "Also, your sister is here waiting in your office."