Chapter 22: Reaching Jason

(Percy's POV)

Ignoring the servants fighting Gaston's brothers, I raced upstairs, not even tired of climbing up the stairs because I know I have to reach Jason.
After what seems like forever, I finally reached the tallest tower. Gaston was on the bridge with his back a few meters away from me. With him not being suspicious, I sneaked quietly. Jason was on the tower top, not knowing I was there. He dodged Gaston's last bronze bullet. Gaston was about to reload but I quickly snatched the pistol ammo on his belt. He turned around shocked and I snapped the ammo into two. Gaston looked angry and he grabbed my wrist.
"When this is all done you will be mine." He growled.
With my anger rising, I shouted "NEVER!"
I freed myself from his grip and quickly grabbed his gun and tossed it far below to another tower roof. Jason saw, so he and Gaston raced for the gun. I ran after them as well, but to another way: Jason's room. It happened to land on his balcony.
The two were wrestling and jumping roof to roof when I made it to the room. Just as Gaston was about to grab it, I snatched it quickly and threw it far below.
"Noooo!" Gaston cried.
Jason appeared behind Gaston and lifted him by the neck. I never seen seen Gaston cower before.
"Stop!" I said. "Drop him, Jason."
"But he-" Jason stopped right there when he saw through my eyes if he killed Gaston: a monster, a real one.
Jason's face softened and dropped Gaston down. Gaston let out a grunt as he landed on the floor. Jason walked passed him and towards me. He was about to hug me when he let out a growl filled with pain. I quickly looked behind and saw that Gaston has a dagger in his hand. He let out a sinister laugh and smile.
"No!" I pleaded, but of course he wasn't listening to me.
Just when he was about to stab Gaston again, lighting struck in front of him and the area he's standing crumbled. Gaston fell and let out an ear-piercing scream. It lasted for a couple of seconds until his scream died. Gaston is dead, but I didn't care. Jason is hurt and probably dying.