Madame Lalaurie

SOURCE ~ YOUTUBE CHANNEL- SNARLED

Marie MacCarthy (march 19 1787 - December 7 1849) was a new orleans creole socialite and murderer.

Madame LaLaurie was considered the most beautiful and intelligent women of new orleans everyone wanted to be like her.

But no one knew what was going on  behind closed doors.

Madame LaLaurie was a socialite. After her third marriage she threw big and fancy parties which many people attended.

Back then slavery was normalized and slaves were not treated like humans, but still there were some laws that prohibited inhumane treatment.

Madame LaLaurie also had slaves like every other rich family, but slowly people started noticing something.

The guests at her parties noticed that madame LaLaurie changed her slaves very often.

There were new slaves at every party, this increased the people's suspicion towards her.

One day when a woman was climbing the stairs at her house she saw something through her window.

Madame LaLaurie chased a little girl with a whip, and the girl was crying and running. Before the woman could do something the girl jumped from the terrace.

This news got around the place and soon people stopped coming to her parties.

And very soon the LaLaurie's were alienated.

Rumors were spread that the slaves were terrified of madame LaLaurie. She threatened them to take them to "The room" if they tried to escape.

The room was always locked and no one was allowed to enter the room.

Soon, an angry mob came to the LaLaurie house and lit the house on fire in protest.

Unfortunately Madame LaLaurie and her husband escaped and left new orleans.

But when the whole place was burnt down the room also did.

And that is when people got to know about the dark secret of the lalaurie's.

The room was full of slaves. Some were chained down harshly by their necks.
Few were strapped down on operation table.

Few slaves were caged in extremely small cages.
One woman's gut was slit opened and her intestine was wrapped around her stomach like an evil corset.

One man had a large hole on his skull.

Most of the slaves were dead, while some were still living.

They were all starving.

When further investigation took place hundreds of skeletons were found in the backyard.

It was assumed that madame LaLaurie and her husband who was a doctor were performing illegal and inhumane operations and experiments on the slaves.

Since then many people lived in the lalaurie house but they didn't lasted
They reported hearing wails and groans coming from the room.

The children said that a women chased them with a whip.

Until a few years back an oil tycoon bought the place.

No one is allowed in the house.

I wonder what he's hiding.

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸