Chapter 2 - The Deal

Alice POV
After a whole week questions still, cloud my mind. I can't stop thinking about the conversation I accidentally or purposefully overheard. I've come up, with a lot of conclusions but none seem to fit a perfect and understandable result.

Right now I am going over books in my library. Aiming to find something that can help my situation. But nothing is helping. Why did my life have to be so complicated? Think, think Alice.

Light Bulb! I can ask Fred simple. 

...

So, I decided to go to my room and ask Fred. I'm just waiting for him to arrive. I had a plan in store. I'll have to be nice to Fred to get answers cause at the end of the day his loyalties lie to my father, not me.

Creak Creak

I hear my door open thinking its Fred I go up to him and hug him. Just for the sake of my plan. But, when I look up I see blue eyes looking at me and not brown eyes. I panic, those blue eyes were my fathers. Currently, I was hugging him but instead of letting me go of the hug he wraps his arms around me returning me the hug.

All, of a sudden he comes back in consciousness and slaps me really harshly on the face. Blood starts dripping down my cheek. I start to breathe harshly.

"You pathetic excuse as my daughter. You think I will hug huh? I'm not falling for a face like hers ever again!" shouted my father.

"Pl...ease stop  ple...ase I'm so...rry" I try to stop him but it never works.

In return, I receive slaps and punches everywhere on my body until I lose y consciousness. Slowly, the world around me just stops.

...

"Wake up, please don't leave me. Wake up. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." I woke up hearing Fred quietly speak to me.

My eyes open and I look around my surrounding everything was clean as it was before the beast came in here. My cuts were cleaned and all my clothes were changes this must have been Fred's doing. I look at Fred and hug and cry all my miseries out on his chest. He is the only person, who I can rely on.

"Oh, baby everything is going to get better you'll be out of this hell soon" huh whats he talking about?

"What d...o you me... an" my voice still cracked.

"Nothing baby" he replies sharply. Oh, he is hiding something, I'll ask him later. But right now I need to stick to my initial plan.

"Do you by any chance know this woman that father says I look it. The woman who started all these beatings I get because I apparently look like her". I say this all in a rush letting everything out.

"Baby I can't tell it would risk both our lives. But just know this woman loves you a lot. She's not a nightmare but a dream." he says leaving me speechless.

...

The next morning I woke up, with all the maids, working in a rush. Everyone is in a rush. Is there a party happening? That's never happened. All these restrictions and not allowing anyone to enter the mansion. Why now?

"Get up mam. Sir wants you to look beautiful today. Now get up and take a shower." A maid says when she walks into my room.

So, I follow her instructions. After I had taken a shower I go into my room, where a beautiful dress is laid out for me to wear. The dress was baby pink the color symbolized innocence. From waist upward to the neck there were baby pink flower patterns covering the whole area. Below the waist was baby pink silk material that went all the way up to my feet. I loved this dress. It was simple but beautiful.