24

You wake up to Kurapika shaking you lightly. He runs a hand through your hair.

"Come on (Y/n). Time to awaken." He whispers. You let out an annoyed groan as you turn over away from him. Kurapika sighs as he tries again. "We have to start our day. I woke up an hour ago. Everyone's waiting on you, we have to meet with Leorio."

"Mmm... just give me a minute...." you mumble into your forearm, which is placed against your mouth.

"The amount of times you have said that to me is enough to show me you'll never get up." Kurapika rolls his eyes before pulling the comforter off of you. You shiver in response.

"Kurapika!" You exclaim. "It's cold...."

"Well, get up and start moving, then you won't be." He closes his eyes as he folds the blanket in his arms until you move.

You grumble softly as you sit up in the bed.

"Fine, I'm up." Your feet make it to the hardwood floor and an instant chill is sent up your spine. "Carry me?" You ask, still a bit drowsy.

"I'm sure you can manage that yourself." Kurapika replies, walking towards his suitcase.

"Okay Mister, be that way." You find the energy in you to get up and walk to your own suitcase to fetch an outfit for the day.

"Leorio wants us to meet him at a café in a half hour. Gon and Killua are out collecting information." Kurapika says. You listen as you pick out a pair of black shorts, a white tee and a denim jacket.

"Hm...." you hum. "I can't wait to see Leorio. It's been awhile." You smile at the thought of him.

"It has. Remember (Y/n), we're here for investigation. There's no room for bonding during this time. I trust that you didn't forget that." Kurapika turns to you with a smirk.

"Can we get snacks?" You ask, stopping in the middle of the bathroom doorway, totally disregarding his question.

"(Y/n)..." Kurapika groans.

________

You walk with your hands in your jacket's pockets shortly behind Kurapika. Your eyes are glued to the ground as you walk. You look at all the little cracks in the sidewalk as you walk, little plants and weeds grow out of each one. Nature is cute.

"Hey guys! Over here!"

You look up from your steps to see a well dressed Leorio waving to you and Kurapika. A smile finds its way to your lips.

"Leorio!" You exclaim, running up to him. You trip over your sneaker laces a few times, but that's okay. You crash into him, causing him to loose balance for just a moment before catching himself. You wrap your arms around him and he does the same. He's just a bit taller than you.

"Long time no see guys." Leorio greets as he looks at Kurapika who has caught up to you.

"I hope that you're keeping Kurapika grounded?" Leorio asks, pulling away from the hug and wraps his arm around your back.

"Oh yeah, he's a handful." You reply, giggling a little bit. You push back some of your hair behind your ear as Kurapika smiles bright.

"What a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Leorio." Kurapika greets. Leorio chuckles at the nickname.

"Memories, huh?" Leorio says. They both get quiet for a moment. You look back and forth to the both of them as you wait for some kind of dialogue from either of the two. Instead, they both burst out laughing. You grin as a light mood brightens the atmosphere. Your eyes are on how angelic Kurapika looks. He seems so....calm.

They're really close. You think.

"Leorio."

The three of you look towards the voice and smile as one when you spot Killua and Gon walking in your direction. Killua's hands are in his pockets and Gon has a little popsicle in his hand. 

"Here, it's sure hot out today for a fall day." Gon offers the three of you popsicles. Your smile widens as you take the strawberry flavored one.

"Thank you, Gon."

"Well, the family appears to all be back together."

Everyone shivers at the sudden voice except you.

Bright hair and an outfit you cannot miss.....

Hisoka.

He swings his arms around Gon and Killua. Killua makes an angry face and Gon kind of just rolls with it, despite the nervous smile and a sweat drop that slides down his face.

"We all have known each other from the very start, and it looks to me that we'll be starting a whole new chapter in this book called life."