05 | teases and games

05

TEASES AND GAMES

Here's the thing: in this harsh, cold world, everyone had to do everything to survive. I was obviously one of them. Growing up, I wasn't fed with a silver spoon - quite literally, if you ask me - and I had to work hard in everything I do and not make a single mistake.

Because if I ever do, then that's like succumbing in to the pitfalls of hell.

And in my twenty-one years of existence, I'd been fine - I've managed to get myself out of the 'pitfalls of hell' and make up to it just as instantly. I had to rely on my reflexes and recklessness because it's managed to keep me sane for so long.

But with the daredevil itself, the very bane of my existence as of the moment also known as Jeon Jungkook standing in front of the slightly ajar door with wide eyes that resembles a bunny's, and me crouching over the door because I just had to stick my nose into other people's business, I knew I made a mistake.

A terrible mistake, in fact, since I've been doing so well managing running away from the world famous Jeon Jungkook.

But here he was in front of me and I had to bear the impact of my stupidity at its finest.

Great going, dumbass.

I've managed to made myself feel stupid even more than when I took my Calculus test.

For a moment, it was deadly silent and none of us dared to move, but the world was so nefarious and we had to snap back to reality with the man's voice echoing at the background. "Jungkook, are you alright over there?"

He snapped out of his momentary surprise and quickly replied.  In a flash, Jungkook's eyes bored into mine and, to my utter shock and terror, his lips tilted into a small smirk before giving a reply to his boss. 

I felt my blood ran cold as his gaze stayed on mine, keeping me rooted on the ground. 

"I've never been better, sir," he replied over his shoulder. I scrambled to my feet, my heart beating wildly against my chest as I stood up to run but too late.

Just as I was about to leave, his hand caught the hood of my oversized hoodie and pulled me to him in haste. I squeaked, reaching out to escape the grasp of the devil but he was stronger than me, and running away from him was a futile attempt.

"Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise," he said lowly, "I guess this is what they call karma?" he added, and I could practically see the amusement on his devilishly handsome face. His brows raised, he was looking at me expectantly. 

"Nice to see you too, you piece of shite," I said, still struggling to get out of his grip and attempt to elbow him on the ribs - but his failure the last time we saw each other seemed to teach him better, as he gripped my arms and spun me around only to press me against the wall with no escape.

"Kitten," he said, making my blood boil in annoyance, "It's nice to see you again too," he said, words meant to be warm but his tone bitter and unwavering as his teasing eyes stared into mine. 

"But I wasn't quite done with you when you left me at my apartment, you left me feeling rather unsatisfactory," he whispered sensually, which had my heart beat erratically fast with the adrenaline coursing through my system.

Screw Korea being big, I could literally bump into anyone anytime at my most despairing state.

I gulped, my eyes looking straight to his own. Up close, looking at him made me feel defenseless and vulnerable, and I was unable to escape his scrutinizing gaze that told me he's not getting rid of me that easily. Jungkook chuckled, leaning a little away from me.