ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙

After receiving a New York Police Department call, Tony Stark, alongside his girlfriend/CEO of Stark Industry and his bodyguard/best bud, Happy Hogan, arrived at the said location an hour later.

The caller didn't give him any details except that his presence is necessary, and by the tone of his voice, the caller wasn't in the mood of playing games with him.

Therefore, there he is, accompanied by Pepper and Happy, who is also in the dark over the situations.

"What have you done now?" Pepper sigh tiredly, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Tony looked at her bewilderedly. "Just because I'm the one getting the call doesn't mean it's my fault?!"

"Oh sure—" She glares at him. "There are thousands of people that have the same name as you, and they decided to give 'you' the call?"

"Hey there—"

"Mr Stark?" An officer in the age of his early 20s approaches them, cutting off the man's argument.

The officer himself looks quite tired with his ginger hair looking dishevelled and eyes dropping as if he's having a rough day.

"That's me." Tony is smiling broadly, giving him a firm handshake.

"I'm Officer Bryce. Sorry for the short notice. Please, right this way." The motion for them to follow him.

Looking at each other with their eyebrows raises in confusion, the trio follows after him.

"Can you at least tell us what he did wrong this time?" Pepper speeding up her steps.

"Hey!"

Ignoring the billionaire, the officer stop and turns toward them. "This may be a bit personal, Mr Stark, but do you recognize someone by the name Evaleen Dyne?"

"Um...... Maybe?" Tony frown, sweating a bit in worry as he can feel the side of his face burning from Pepper's look.

"I see—" Tim nods, understanding. "Ms Dyne was found dead early this evening, killed we suspected. She was found lying motionless on the floor with a bullet penetrating through her head."

Pepper let out a shaky breath while Happy swallow at the body's mental image, and Tony frown in pity.

"The body was found by her daughter, Evelynn Dyne." He adds as they continue their ways. "She wasn't home when the incident happens. Out to buy their lunch."

"H-How is she?"

The officer stopped by the door that leads to the waiting room. "Tired." He simply states and opens the door.

The motion for the three of them to enter first.

Upon entering the room with Tim the last walking in, he closes the door to give them some privacy.

The trio's eyes befall on a young brunette who looks tired beyond her age.

What truly catching their eyes were the bloodstains on her grey hoodie that trail over both arms. Her bloodshot eyes watching the tiredly, but she didn't say anything and took a sip of her tea.

Pepper notices her hands trembling as she raises the mug over to her lip, making her expression soften. She manages to put the pieces together as to why Tony was called over even if she was unhappy about it, by the girl's sight that she knows that it happened before they admitted their feeling for each other in her teenage years.

"May I know what role do I play here?" Tony looked over at the officer.

The strawberry-blonde haired woman look at him, eyes widen in shock. "Tony!" She whispered-scolded.

Whether he played it dumb or just being stupid at the situations.

Instant of answering his question directly, Tim walks toward the coffee table and picks up a document on it.

All the while, Eve watch his every movement without any words.

"Here." He passes it over to the billionaire.

Tony read the contents of the document. His eyebrows furrow, focusing on all the words on it. "Is this real? Are you sure about this?"

"I have no reason to lie to you, Mr Stark," Tim answers firmly.

"You know about this?" He asks directly to the girl. It wasn't in brutal accusing ways or sarcastically, just merely asking.

"Teenager, not stupid." Eve state, but her voice came out hoarser than she thought from all the screaming and crying.

"Sassy much?" He raises his eyebrows, but she didn't say anything, just fidgeting her hold on the now empty mug.

"What gonna happen now?" Happy finally found himself to talk.

"As written on the birth certificated, Mr Stark, you're her father. Therefore she will be under your custody." Tim answer.

"What happens if I don't take her?"

"Tony!" Pepper smacks his arm so hard, making him whine in pain.

"She will be sent to the orphanage." The officer sigh, already expecting such a question. "It will be up to you, Mr Stark."

Tony frown in thought. "Can I run some test? Just to be sure."

"For god's sakes!" Pepper is on the verge of smacking the man's head so hard that he pukes his brain out.

"I just want to be sure!" He argues, feeling a bit scared of her wrath.

"You don't want me, don't bother to take me." Eve intercepts, but her eyes never leave the empty mug.

"Your words, not mine. I never said that I don't want to."

"What if I'm not yours?" She shoots back.

"Well—" Tony glance over Happy, who suddenly finds his nails more fascinating than the situation itself but didn't look over Pepper, knowing that he will only receive a death glare from her. "We will discuss that afterwards."

Pepper sigh, rolling her eyes and lower herself so that her eyes meeting the young brunette. "Why don't we get you clean first?" She softly spoke and took away the mug.

Eve didn't say anything but the idea sound better for her. The smell of blood wasn't helping at all. "I want to go home."

"I— um—" The older woman stutter, surprised by her wish. She is glancing over the officer, who frown, as he didn't like the idea of her returning to the crime scene.

"I can shower there." The girl adds, feeling the air getting awkward. "And my clothes too."

"M—maybe we can help with picking up your clothes?" Happy quickly suggests.

"I just want to go home." The tiredness lace in her tone as she rubs her face with the back of her hand. "Please.

A/N: As some of you who already read this story, I have made a few big changes on Eve and even combining some chapter into one instead of stretching it out.

This the edited version of the old one. Let me know what you think of it. 

Thank you!