Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

By coming back to Luton to support Gwen in her exciting, new, business adventure, I had set myself up to be at her mercy. Apparently, because I was the current and reluctant face of the small company, more LGBTQ identifying people signed up than ever thought possible in such a small town. I could hardly say no to the 'free of charge' help from Camp Black, especially when Gwen sent Walter to drag me up onto the stage to show off her charity case.

I came to learn Gwen was just as ruthless when it came to business as she was at board games and that was saying something.

The party overall was a huge success. Investors were interested, nearly everyone downloaded the APP, and a significant amount of people joined the camp itself. When it ended, I grabbed as many pastries as I could and held my head high as I headed out, ignoring the highly amused eyes that belonged to Vivian on my way out.

Later on, when they cleaned up and returned to the house, I was sat on the couch, watching nothing on the television, consuming the entire contents of the 'treat cupboard, not feeling guilty in the slightest.

While Mr. and Mrs. Black were away at Camp Mapplewood for the summer, their children and I were allowed to stay in their home. The sentiment was nice in theory but staying here was another ball game. There would be no escape from the crazy that was their lively, chaotic and somewhat twisted children. Except for Walter. Walter was someone to be protected at all costs. He was an innocent soul wrongfully placed with the demons.

The front door creaked open and with that came the enigmatic voice of Gwen and the more subdued voice of Vivian. I sat up, prepared to take down whatever they had planned.

"Hi Emma," Gwen greeted cheerfully. "How are you?"

"Poorly."

"Aw, my sweet Emmykins," she cooed.

Vivian briefly smirked. "This is too...tooth-rottingly sweet for my taste."

"No," I said vehemently when they entered the room. "You can force me to be the temporary charity case but not an on-going one."

"But Emma," Gwen dragged out, her signature pout in place.

"I'm putting my foot down."

"Emma, you're in sweatpants and wearing sugar on your chin. You're in no place to deny me helping you."

"Yeah, I can."

"You can't stomp with fluffy socks on."

I closed my eyes, willing myself not to scream. "I can be in charge of my own destiny and still be a mess!"

She came over and ruffled my hair. "Sure you can."

"You there, by the door, I don't know why you're laughing." I tried my best not to smile at Vivian's silent laughter. "She called me touch starved! That's more of an attack against you than it is me! Feel outraged. Retribution is in order. Touch me up! If you're not going to defend my honour, then at least defend your own!"