Chapter 21 : SHM (II)

"No need. I just wanted to personally ask you, since Gu Zhen seems nervous about it."

Mr Gu laughed awkwardly. It turns out his son was not lying after all!

"No need to ask permission. Its an honor to have you as my son's friend. Please do tell me if he cause you any trouble."

"Thank you, Mr. Gu"

Mr. Gu looked at Gu Zhen who was hiding behind Xiong Zhi.

"You brat! Take care of your friend!"

"I'll go now Miss Xiong Zhi. Please feel free at home." He then turned to Xiong Zhi.

Xiong Zhi took out her phone and handed it to Mr. Gu.

"So I can tell you where we are, for you to not worry at Gu Zhen safety."

Mr Gu understand and gave Xiong Zhi his number.

After his father left, Gu Zhen  quickly grabbed Xiong Zhi and led her to his room.

Linfeng furrowed his brows and followed them. His gaze was locked on the hand of Gu Zhen who were holding Xiong Zhi.

Gu Zhen suddenly stopped before he enter his room. He looked back at Linfeng.

"You're not needed anymore. Xiong Zhi and I have something to discuss."

Linfeng was still expressionless. But Xiong Zhi who was aware of his every moves noticed the danger glint in his eyes.

Gu Zhen was about to shoo Linfeng again when Xiong Zhi suddenly grabbed Linfeng's hand and turned to Gu Zhen with cold voice.

"I needed him here. What people think when a man and a lady enters a room alone?"

Gu Zhen understand. He let go Xiong Zhi's hand and scratched his head.

"Sorry, just got a little excited. But wouldn't he know?"

Gu Zhen did not want to intentionally offend Linfeng. He was just afraid that this guy would tell his father the things he would seen once he entered the room. Only Xiong Zhi and his father knew of his addiction towards technology.
One addition would be dangerous.

"It's OK. He won't tell." Xiong Zhi said still holding Linfeng's hand.

Linfeng just stared at their intertwined hands. If it was other girls he already twisted their hands even they were from a prominent family. Touching him without his consent. But in this touch, he did not dislike it. In fact, it sent warm and comfortable feeling in his body, making his heart falter a little. So he did not also let go.

Gu Zhen toss around his room. Until he found CD's and USBs did he finally stopped. He walked towards Xiong Zhi and said.

"You keep it. My father will check my belongings before we go out. But he will not check yours." Xiong Zhi stared at it.

She was actually contemplating. If she accept it, did she have to let go her hand who was holding Linfeng's? She did not want to! But in order to put those CD's in her back she must use her two hands.

Feeling frustrated, Xiong Zhi glared at Gu Zhen.

It is my first time holding Linfeng's hand in both lifetimes! Why you have to ruin it?!

But Gu Zhen did not hear any of it . He impatiently gestured at Xiong Zhi to accept the CD's.

Linfeng who was standing at the side pulled out his gaze from their holding hands and reached out to the CD's , his other hand was still holding Xiong Zhi's hand and casually put the CD's in her bag with one hand. The move was swift yet gentle.