(4.10) Threat time!

"Is something wrong, Blueberry?" Karma asked, watching his fiancé pace the living room.

"No," Nagisa answered. "Sort of?"

"Talk to me, Nagisa," Karma said.

"I mentioned one of my students got roped into joining his brother's gang, right?" Karma nodded. "Well I've been overhearing his classmates, all of them, making plans to get him out. I always knew they'd be good at working together, that was clear from the beginning, but this is a big deal."

"Do you think they can handle it?" Karma asked.

"I want to. And I do, but..." Nagisa trailed off, but Karma knew exactly what he was thinking.

"You're worried, aren't you," Karma finished for him.

"I'm really proud that they're trying to do this on their own. They're almost adults now. I shouldn't be worrying so much."

"'Almost adults' is still kids," Karma reassured, stopping the bluenette's pacing by pulling him into a hug. "It's okay to be worried. If you want to go with them, just as a precaution, you should tell them. I'll even go with you, if you want; I like those kids."

"You would? You don't have to."

"Of course." Nagisa hugged his fiancé back, finally. He felt lucky at that moment. Like the luckiest man alive.

"Saishuu-kun, Fumei-kun, may I talk to you after class?" Nagisa asked just as the bell had rung.

"Should I wait up for you?" Shirota asked.

"Nah, go on ahead, I'll catch up," Saishuu answered. Shirota nodded and left the classroom with the rest of the students, completely oblivious to what was going on, unlike his peers who had some pretty good guesses. "Are we in trouble, Nagisa-sensei?"

"No you're not in trouble," Nagisa assured. "In fact, I'm very impressed by what you two are doing."

"Uhh... what... what do you mean?" Saishuu stumbled out, nervously.

"I know what you two are planning, don't try to deny it," their teacher said. "I want you to know that I'm proud, but I'm also worried. I'd like to come with you. I'll stay out of the way, and not interfere unless I have to. I want to respect your independence, but I also have a responsibility to make sure you're all safe."

"Alright, Nagisa-sensei," Saishuu agreed after a moment. He tried his best to make his worried glance towards Fumei subtle, and if Nagisa noticed, he didn't say anything. Adult supervision was probably for the best.

It was tricky, organizing every student in the class without Shirota knowing. Being the most connected kid in class, he was hard to work around, especially without seeming suspicious. Somehow, and no one could say how exactly, they managed to pull it off. A date and time were set. And twenty students, and one teacher, all prepared themselves for the worst, while trying to hope for the best.

They all met one block away from the Midoryu's headquarters. The idea was to have Ritsu connect them all before they went in, just in case, then most of them would enter through the front door en masse for maximum intimidation points. Asui, Ushiwara, Ken, Kiya, Nagisa, and the Ryouma twins would split off from the group beforehand and find hiding places so if things went south they could ambush the gang members and get the drop on them, throw them off their rhythm, if nothing else.

Ippantekina was the last to arrive, dragged behind Hinata to the stern glares of Marihara. "Sorry we're late, Harushit was being a whiny bitch about it," Hinata—apologized? Complained? Insulted?—said. We'll go with said.