The Nightmare Peaks I

"Come on Dark, hurry up." I looked off the edge of the cliff and watched him struggle his way up. For someone who is so strong, his exercise game is pathetic. He panted a bit and looked up at me. "Let me teleport...please." "No way, half the fun of getting up here is climbing." He dug his nails into the rocks and took a break. I wish my nails would turn into claws and let me do that. He eventually made it just as I was starting to set up camp. "I cannot believe I let you talk me into this bullshit camping trip. There's nothing up here." "Nothing but an amazing view and peace and quiet." I replied. I peered off at the glowing ball that was LA. "Far away from that circus." "I agree, LA is a shithole, but this...this is no better." "Dark, come on." I said. He retracted his claws. "This had better be fucking amazing...so amazing that I couldn't get this experience anywhere else." "It will be, Ari...relax...enjoy the view." I saw him swatting himself. "I'm getting rid of these shitty bugs." he said, snapping his fingers. "They're just house flies...and I only saw one. You are such a pampered little princess." "(Y/N), I hate bugs. You know this." I chuckled. "Help me with the tent, please." "Tent?" he asked. "Yeah...tent. The thing we're sleeping in this weekend." He groaned under his breath and helped me set it up. "Perfect..." I said, admiring our little camping spot. I heard thunder in the distance. "Dark...did you order a storm?" I asked. "Nope. That's all nature. Remember how you said this weekend was all about nature? That means you let mother nature be a cunt when she wants to be one." I wasn't planning on rain but...a little rain never hurt anyone. "I've gotta get a fire started. The sun is gonna set soon." I watched Dark perch himself on a rock and stare at the stormy horizon. "Hungry?" I asked. "As usual, no." he replied. "Oh, don't get grumpy on me." I said, pinching his cheek. He nipped at me and I laughed, stacking up some brush and branches to make a fire. I grabbed my lighter out of my backpack and started us a nice little campfire. "We won't be able to enjoy this for long so come over now." I said, looking at the rain clouds. Dark was at my side in a heartbeat, stretching out on the sand. I roasted myself a marshmallow and kept an eye on the incoming storm. "If you wanna lay out the air mattresses and blankets, they're in my bag." I said, hinting at the fact that the hike had me quite tired. Dark shot an annoyed glance at me, and dragged himself dramatically to my bag. "You're like a toddler sometimes." I said. "Show me a toddler who will take care of you the way I do." he replied. I laughed. "I just meant you get pouty." "(Y/N), I'm not impressed with the great outdoors. Never really have been. I mean, as a kid I played outside, but I was never all about that outdoors stuff. Besides, I have allergies. "What are you allergic to?" "Nonsense." he replied. Raindrops began falling quickly, sending us both into the tent. "Guess we don't need to worry about the fire." I said, watching it dwindle in the rain. A considerable amount of time passed and the rains worsened. I looked at my phone and saw that it was expected to continue for the entire weekend. "Don't. Say. It." I said, looking at a smirking Dark. "Bad idea. Say the word and we can camp at my place in the living room." I sighed. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea...but I hiked for hours to get to this spot. I'm not giving up just yet. A leak in the tent dripped water onto Dark's head. If he were any more irritated, he would've been steaming. He glared at me and I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry...this is just..." I shook my head. Much to my surprise, Dark joined me in my laughing. "Fuck it. We're getting wet." he said, laying in the puddle that was forming. "I guess so." he looked at me for awhile, biting his lip. I blushed. "What's that look for?" I asked. "You look cute soaking wet is all." he replied, looking away. "And just what are you gonna do about it?" I asked, teasing him. He looked at me wantonly. "You'll see."