Chapter 10.

This chapters song is crowded places by BANKS (vote if you love music)

James Pov

"So she said no to the date," Nick said.

"No, she said she needed time to think about it,"I replied.

"So what did you guys do after school," Alyssa said while grabbing another sour cream and onion chip.

They had all came home right after school, but I stayed after so Autumn could show me the school. When I got home, they were all sitting around the table. Waiting to know how the tour went.

"She gave me the tour of the school showed me where all my classes were. She told me about the teachers, what to do to get on there good side things like that. After that, we just talked about our interest and hobbies."I explained.

"You must really like Autumn you don't give most girls the time of day," Kobe said.

"Your one to talk man,"I said smiling. "Ximena got you wrapped around her fingers," Nick added in.

"Hey lay off guys,'Kobe joked.

"Well I'm happy that you guys found some lovely ladies," Alyssa said. "Nick how about you any girls catching your eyes," Alyssa joked.

Nick squirmed when asked the question he seemed to be physically uncomfortable.

"I have homework to do," Nick quietly said while getting up and leaving.

"It was just a joke," Alyssa whispered.

"I'm sure he is mad about something else," Kobe said trying to comfort Alyssa.

I had no idea why Nick could be mad. He seemed fine at lunch today, and he didn't complain about school.

It was around five o'clock, we had been talking for so long and lost track of time.

"Maybe we should all get started on our homework,"I suggested.

"That's a good idea James," Kobe said.

We all headed up the spiral staircase and went to our separate rooms. I started my homework and soon realized it was going to take me at least four hours. Maybe deciding to go to school for vacation was a mistake.

It was nine o'clock, and I was about to lose my shit.

I was stuck on a calculus question.

I did the question about a hundred times, and I still got the wrong answer. I was about to throw my math binder across the room when I heard a ring from my phone.

It was a text from Autumn.

Autumn: If the offer still stands, I would love to go on a date with you.

James: Friday five o'clock I'll pick you up from your house.

Autumn: Works for me, I'll send you my address.

I was so caught up in Autumn saying yes, I almost didn't hear the screaming coming from downstairs. I stood up from my chair and opened my door to hear what was going on.

"Where did you sneak off to last Friday night Nickolas," Stephen said in a scare calm voice.

"How did you know I sneaked out," Nick said.

"Nick I have a fricking security systems and cameras. You really think I wasn't going to find out."Stephen pointed out.

"Well, why does it matter to you,"Nick stated.

"Because I am your parent," Stephen screamed.

"You will never be my parent so stop trying. You are not my mom or my dad so stop acting like it."Nick yelled.

At this point, Kobe and Alyssa were also standing in the hallway to listen to what was going on.

"Nick I know it hard for you. You think it's not hard for me too I lost my only brother."Stephen cried.

What I know about Nick's parents isn't a lot. I know they died four years ago in a car crash. I also know he doesn't like talking about it, he shuts down if anyone asks.

"Nick all I want is for you to be safe. That's all I want, I couldn't protect my younger brother. So I have to protect you. So please tell me where you snuck off to Friday night," Stephen whispered.

I didn't even realize that Nick left the house Friday night. Everything was so crazy about Damien's party and me beating Luke's ass.

"I won't sneak out again ok, let's leave it at that," Nick mumbled and started to walk up the stairs.

Alyssa Kobe and I quickly and quietly went back to our rooms and closed the door.

I knew Nick was still heartbroken, about his parent's death but I didn't know the extent of it.

Out of the four of us Nick, and I was the least likely to talk about our family's.

I heard the slam of Nicks door.

I don't know whats going on with Nick but I hope he's ok.

I have homework to finish, and a date to plan.

Poor Nick hopefully he is alright. Also why doesn't James talk about his family?

 Comment predictions.