13

That night I lay in bed thinking about what happened. I felt lost and very confused at how this could possibly happen.

A sob formed in my throat and I tried to hold it in but the pain overtook me and I started to cry. I always wanted to be a mother ever since I was little hence why I became a babysitter as I liked to call it. I loved being around children and watching them grow up to be courageous, confident and simply cute.

I couldn't believe my first attempt was to no avail. Even though I couldn't bare to have children with him, if it meant a mother I would do it. It sounded selfish because that would mean me bringing a child into this cruel and dangerous world.

He hasn't entered my room yet and a part of me wondered why but another part was like if I see him I'm probably going to murder him right there and then.

As I lay in the dimly lit room I heard a knock and a brief silence before a maid came in and bowed at me. " Your majesty sort to disturb you from yourself but the doctor ordered me to bring you in some refreshments to help bring your energy back up and ready-" I quickly spoke up because to be frank she really was getting on my last nerve.

" Leave it there and get out of my room!" I spoke angrily. She quickly put my tray down and rushed out of the room and closing my door so quietly you could hear a pin drop. I looked to my left and saw the tray of food.

There were exotic fruits from grapes, strawberries,berries to pineapples. Next to the fruits lay cheese, chocolate and two pieces of bread. Finally on the right side to the plate there was a big cup of smoothie juice.  The food yearned for me to eat it but my body wouldn't move towards it , my mouth watered and I ignored the grumbling coming from my stomach as I rolled my eyes and turned my back to the food.

Nothing could cure how I was feeling right now. " So fucking leave me alone" I whispered hoping anyone or anything would hear my desperate pleas to be left alone.

I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. That night I didn't dream. It was the first time I didn't have images of people and places in my mind and it felt so good.

The Shuffling noises of feet awoke me from my lonely slumber and when I yawned a morning yawn two maids were in my room. It looked like their were cleaning and preparing new bed linen and some fresh clothes for me.

I thrusted myself up on the bed and spoke in a hoarse voice. " Excuse me ladies , I would greatly appreciate it if you got me a glass of water. My throat is very dry". They both looked at me with pity in their eyes and bowed their beards before saying " Yes , your majesty" in unison and ushering out of the room.

I gently rolled to the edge of the bed and held on to the bedside table and pushed myself up. I grunted a little bit. Feeling pin in my abdomen but I was stubborn enough to not show any pain. I walked barefoot to the bathroom. I felt my nightdress was tainted. It was of dried blood.

A shudder went through my body as I remembered my ordeal yesterday. I had to now be braver than ever and hide the misery that was painted all over my face. I removed my dress and turned on the tap. Warm water instantly escaped it, my hand caressed the water as it disappeared through my fingers. I hopped in the tub and started to scrub myself. The water turned murky but I ignored it and continued to scrub myself clean.

A couple of minutes later I was out of the bathroom and putting on the clothes the maids brought in. It was a teal shimmery dress with flower patterns. Yellow dots were embroidered on it and oddly I found it very pretty. It calmed me. An hour later I was ready my hair was up in a ponytail I put on burnt yellow heels.

As I headed towards the bedroom door, the doctor from yesterday was outside about to enter. He bumped into me and quickly started to mumble words of apology. I raised my hand as an indication to stop talking and he understood it instantly. He looked nervous and I reassured him that I was alright. He asked me  if I could have a quick conversation. I smiled faintly and instructed him to come in the room.

" Your majest- , but before he could talk further I intruded him. " Please call me Brianna". He was aghast but respected my wishes and continued to explain my medical situation." Brianna, I found out that you did indeed suffer from a miscarriage but the baby wasn't developed enough to say you actually were caring a baby. I believe this because your blood discharge was blocky and no human tissues were present. I am sorry I had to explain this to you. Please forgive me".

I held back a scream and hummed a silent yes. I didn't know what that meant. Did I lose a child or not. Either way I was sure to confront Blake.

" D-do you know what caused this?" I asked after a while.

" Um it can range from stress to injuring your abdomen" he said.

I thanked him and showed him his way out. Today I knew I had one goal and that was to bring him down to his knees till he begs for my forgiveness. He was going to pay. What else was he going to do to my body, mind and health. I couldn't care less about him or his little threats because every time he hurt me I got back up on my feet and today was no exception.

When the doctor was no where in sight I walked out of my room. I didn't want him to put me in bed rest because when he saw me a few moments ago his eyebrow was raised and I could tell he wanted to say something. As I walked down the hallways. I was I tripped by the breathtaking architecture. The walls were carved in the most sophisticated manner. Black and gold flowers stood out. On to my right there  was a big painting of Blake's family. I recognised Blake instantly because his beauty spot at the bottom of his chin was visible.

I stood there oddly admiring his teenage features. He looked miserable I noticed. He seemed troubled. His eyebrows were furrowed. On his left stood his father and his hand was gripping Blake's shoulder. It was definitely not a comforting grip.

I was confused as to why his dad was touching his son in that way. With so many questions running through my mind I forgot that I was in the hallway. " Madam are you ok?" Came a timid voice.

My head turned to where the voice was coming from. Stood in front was a young girl no older than 12 years of age. She was wearing a maids dress. I could tell because those midnight blue dresses were the ones that the maids this morning wore.

" I am looking for Blake...?" I said

" Yes madam he's in the study room I could guide him to you if you would like?" I smiled and nodded in response. She smiled and started to walk in front of me . Her little feet tapping on the marble floor. We finally arrived in front  of a long mahogany door. It's designs were mind-blowing. There was a lion carved out on the door, it's mane showing a powerful force.

I took a deep breath and signaled for the girl to knock on the door.  A few moments came his voice. " Come in".

When the doors opened he sat there on an arm chair and he was preoccupied with a book. He looked up and saw me. I saw his eyes go cold. The little girl excused herself and closed the door behind me. I stood there lost for words. I didn't know what to say or how to say it.

He quickly put the book down his gaze was now burning into my face. He was lost for words. I was hesitant as to what he was going to say or do.  He got up and stood in line with me. His mouth opened and his words came out broken. " I -I am s-sorry".