Rescue

Percy

I stood there, chained to a pole, feeling horrible. We were going to die. I stared at Artemis, even though she swore off boys, she chose to love me. Did I feel the same way? I'm not sure, I do like her, but I still couldn't bare the thought that I was the cause of her down fall.

"I'm sorry," I said to her.

She just nodded like she understood why I was apologizing.

"Who would like to go first?" Said Krios as he tended to a fire.

"I'll go first," I yelled. I wasn't letting him chop up my friends for dinner.

"Loyal to the end," muttered Nico, but he didn't say it in a bad way.

Nico looked a bit different than before. His skin wasn't as pale, he wore less gloomy looking clothes, his hair was lighter, but he still wore his skull ring as alway and he has his sword by his side.

The Titan stared down at me. I tried to smile up at him, but my mouth wouldn't work like that.

"Very well demigod," he said and reached out to grab me.

He pulled me up and then put me off to the side. He got back to work on the fire. I just need to keep him talking, I thought to myself. Good plan, I thought back.

"So, how's your plan going for taking over the world?" I asked innocently.

"Well, Kronos is ready and has a new body," he said.

Kronos has a new body, that is not good. "Who?"

"A boy by the name, Daniel," Krios said.

"D-Daniel," I stuttered out. "No way."

"Also, most oft he giants are ready and that's the same for us titans," he said." The last part of our plan is to wake Gaea. She needs two sacrifices to wake. She wants Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson."

"But I thought Percy Jackson was dead," I said trying not to make the quiver in my voice noticeable.

"Gaea said that he was missing, but he has returned to earth," he said. "Now it is time for you to be sacrificed."

I looked back at my friends. Thus was probably the last time I would see them. I would die, then they would die. No one would be left, accept for the other 3. They could do it, right? They have to be still alive, some where. Maybe they are in California. That's in the west. They could finish the quest and stop the giants, but the. I remembered what one of the gods had said the first time I had seen them after those five years. Only Percy Jackson can kill Kronos and Gaea. And if I'm dead, they won't be able to win.

Krios lowered me over the fire. The flames started to come on to my flesh, but I didn't scream, my water powers help me with that, but soon it would be too much to bare.

"Good bye world," I said sadly. I closed my eyes, but the. I heard something.

"Stop it right there Krios, you are going down."

I was so glad I had my mask on, because that voice belonged to none other than Jason Grace.