Chapter 17

Author's POV:

You all got out of the car and headed inside the station. "So what happened here" Hank asked the cop. "Just some deviants that came in stating what they wanted..they didn't break in someone must've let them in. The video is in that room over there if you want to see it"

Hank nods and we all head to the room. "Can you figure out who this is Connor" He nods and looks at the picture that was on the screen. "I know who it is" You were about to ask who it was until one of the FBI agents came in. He was very rude "I don't want you to fuck up my crime scene" You clenched your fist.

Connor saw that and grab your hand. You look at him to see him smiling. You relax but smile back. "Let's check the roof sine they escaped using parachutes" You both nod and head to the roof to check it out. You and Hank both look.

"One of them couldn't have escaped because they were one parachute short" 

"Let's see if we can find the other deviant" You all look around until Connor finds the deviant.
"I found him!" He yells. You both run over. "(Y/n) stay away he has a gun!" You shook your head. The deviant begins to shoot. Hank grabs a piece of loose metal and throws it at Connor so he could use it as a shield. "Protect (Y/n)!" Hank nods staying back to protect you.

Connor get's close enough to touch the deviant. Before Connor could probe it's memory it shoots itself. You and Hank run over to Connor. You look at Connor to see fear in his eyes.
"What's wrong Connor?" You asked worried. He shakes his head, but you knew something was wrong. "I'll ask you later" He doesn't respond.

You all get up and leave the scene and decide to head for Kamski place to ask him some question.

"Connor are you sure you're ok" You ask again while you were all back in Hanks car. He doesn't answer. You looked at him worried. Connor grabs your hand "When I was about to probe into his memory..When he shot himself..It felt like I was shutting down. I felt the pain and it scared me" He said. You kiss his cheek. "It's okay now Connor" He smiles a little. You feel your phone go off.
You grab your phone looking at the text message you received. 

Brother- I'm coming over 

You tense up. Hank looks at you. "It's him isn't it" You nod slowly. 
"Fucking Bastard" Hank curses underneath his breath. Connor looks at you confused but worried. "It's my Brother Connor, he's coming over" You say with fear lacing voice. 
Connor pulls you into a hug.

 "I'll protect you no matter what when we go home" Your eyes fill with tears. "Thanks" He smiles a little. "I love you (Y/n) I want you to be safe" 

--EDITED--